Thursday, May 13, 2004

Do I Look Like a People Person?

Yes, some of you know that I'm not a people person on occasion. In fact Eric bought me a shirt that even says that on it and I wear on certain days. Yesterday was one of them. I guess more than anything I have "No Empathy for Stupidity." Let me tell you about the 2 I encountered yesterday.

Stupid Person #1
Blonde Waitress at Pub
As you read yesterday Eric took me to lunch, which is out of the ordinary for a Wednesday. We of course went to one of his accounts, which is a bar, but serves lunch. The service there is normally slow, but I love their taco salads. Anyway, when we sit down we immediately get carded. So, we knew right off the bat we had a "stupid person". Eric asked her if she knew who he was. She replied, "Yeah, you are like in here every other day." My thought: then why would you card him? Anyway, we ordered our drinks and after she waited on 3 other tables that came in after us she took our order. We had moz sticks as an appetizer. Note we already had silverware. When she came out carrying just a basket of moz sticks she made it very clear that they were very hot. This was a small basket, so it wasn't like we could cut them up in it or anything. Here's my obvious reply w/ quite a tone, "could you bring us some plates so we could eat them on then?" According to Eric, I had a tone. I imagine I did! ;)

Stupid Person #2
Subway Sandwich Artist
As you may remember I spent about a year working at Subway in High School. Now we have some really winners that work at our Subway on the west side. Yesterday happened to be Grumpy, Dopey & Deaf. What really makes me mad is when they put all your veggies on and then when they fold it over all the veggies squish out and I have to end up re-making the sandwich when I get home. Needless to say, I told Eric about this stupidity and I'm sure Miss Grumpy Sandwich Artist heard me.

Poor Eric, I'm sure he gets a little embarrassed, when I voice my opinion about these things....

If you have any recent encounters w/ stupidity that you'd like to share, please tell me all about it in the comment section.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

God that is hilarious! Last night at Wendy's theMan had to keep repeating his order and he'd get halfway done and the chick would butt in and ask "Is that the combo?" He finally yelled (screamed) "FUCK IT" in the speaker and sped off.

Hee hee.