Thursday, January 08, 2009

Job Journey Update

This week in between being sick and feeling better and getting sick again I've been trying to look into my job journey of 2009.

Job Opp #1 - I contacted a person on Tuesday about this position. She is the hiring manager and I work with her quite extensively already and she knew I had planned to apply. Anyway the job reposted, so I just sent her an email and asked her if they had someone else leave or what was going on? She called me and said she had planned to call me already. Apparently two resumes didn't pull in her first batch. Mine and another person she knew applied. She said we were both qualified and even more qualified than some of the other resumes she got and she was mad. She has been going round and round with HR to just simply get our two resumes but they made her repost it. It's ridiculous! So now she has to wait 5 more days before she gets the new batch of resumes. She said she hoped to get started late next week. So it sounds like I'll definitely get an interview at the very least. Hell she reposted the job for me (and another person, but still)!!

Job Opp #2 - This position is exactly what I do now except for it's just undergrads. (I do both grads and undergrads). I haven't heard a word. I emailed a lady I know in that department and she hasn't responded either.

Job Opp #3 - A position came open this week that is advising. It's a 10-month position meaning you have June/July (I'm assuming those two months) off. So I contacted our business office to see if a 10 month position could be paid out over 12 months since I know faculty have that option. And I wasn't going to apply for it if I had no paycheck for 2 months a year. We just aren't in a position to do that right now. They said that should be an option for staff as well so I just applied for it this morning.

However I've been thinking about what happened with Job #1 so I decided to contact HR to get some more information and details. I'm concerned my resume may not even be pulling for those other jobs. That will PISS me off!!!

2 comments:

Soralis said...

Good luck with the job search!

Lisa said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm making my blog private, so please send me your e-mail address so I can add it to the list. Thanks so much! You can leave a comment on my blog with your e-mail or e-mail me directly - lisafoerterAThotmailDOTcom