Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hey Y'all

I'm back from Texas. Completely exhausted, but I think I'm getting caught back up on my sleep now. I pretty much survived on 4-5 hours of sleep each night we were there. This is not good for a girl who sleeps 8-10 hours nightly... It was worth it though.

On Tuesday of last week I spent the evening packing. Blah!

On Wednesday I got 4 phone calls from a certain airline (AA) saying my flight was delayed, put on another plane, blah, blah, blah at 2:30 AM!! I screamed at the 4th lady who called and by then I was wide awake. I met my co-worker at 6 a.m. and headed to the airport. We almost missed our plane gabbing away. I looked down at my watch and realized we had 15 minutes to get through security and to our gate. Thank god it was smooth and our gate was just around the corner. After we got to Dallas we caught a shuttle to the convention center and signed up for the manufacturing tour at 3:30. Then we headed back to the hotel, checked in and grabbed lunch. The tour was AWESOME!! Gave me a whole new respect for what really goes into the jewelry and how many hands it goes through before it's the finished product, etc. I was floored! Made the 1 hour bus trip and car sickness more tolerable on the way back. That night we had dinner at Chili's and then headed to bed.

On Thursday I got up at 5 a.m. and we all got ready in shifts. Our group was really good and we were out of the hotel by 7 heading to breakfast. There was a little place in the hotel that we got breakfast at. That morning I ordered this oatmeal that sounded awesome. Weird thing though is that it came out cold. It was supposed to be cold. I ate most of it as it was surprisingly very good. After breakfast we headed to training which lasted all morning. It was very good. The meals sucked, but everyone kept saying you don't go to rally for the food. They were definitely right! The rally itself started after lunch. They do all kinds of recognition, guest speakers, entertainment. Also people from the mission trips they've funded, etc. I heard there were over 7,000 people there. It was jam packed. The excitement in the air was awesome, too.

Friday was more of the same thing. One awesome guest was the marketing or something lady form Stein*mart who spoke about fashion tips & trends. Oh my gosh was she awesome!? I took several pages of notes and plan to use a lot of it at my shows in the future. After it ended Friday we had a group meeting, which was nice. We did some recognition and played a couple games. Not everyone knew each other either so it was nice to visit with them personally.

Saturday was again more of the same. It was patriotic day so everyone was decked out in red, white and blue. They had an awesome show with singing, dancing and fireworks. We left a little early to catch our flight. Had dinner at the airport at Chili's where our waiter hit on me... Calling me sweetie and baby. I was flattered and left him a nice tip. :D Oh and Tony*Dungy was on our flight home. (Colts Coach). I got a picture of him, but not "with" him. We got home about midnight.

Finally... The new jewelry line.... OMG!! Let's say I spent more than I budgeted... I can't wait to get it on and start wearing it!!

Pics up soon, I promise!


Jemmers said...

So, you make jewelry now?? How cool. :)

soralis said...

Glad to see you are back!

Take care