Friday, July 07, 2006

Jamaica - Day 2

Thursday morning we got up pretty early. Eric swam in the ocean while I relaxed and got ready. Then we headed down for breakfast. After breakfast we schedule two excursions, the Mayfield Falls River Walk for Friday and the Rhino Safari Cruise for Saturday. We had known before we even got down there that we wanted to go to Mayfield. Someone in our group had heard that the safari was "awesome" so we thought we'd try it out, too. We also checked out the gift shop and scoped out our purchases. I ended up getting a gorgeous tanzanite ring for an awesome deal. After that we lathered up in sunscreen and hit the pool. Around lunch time we headed back to get changed and then head down for lunch.

After lunch we found out that our new room on the "CO" side was ready so we got everything ready back in our room and headed over to the new room. The room was exactly the same except for a couple of things. First we actually had a view!! It was also on the ground floor as opposed to the second level, so we could open our door and walk right out to the beach. It was awesome! We spent a while unpacking all of our bags and getting settled into our new room. Then we went out to the pool and Eric played some volleyball. I sat in a chair and sunbathed and watched. Later I was still a little tired so I decided to take a little nap and Eric had to go to this "blending seminar" (so they could make it a business trip). I ended up not sleeping very well, so I ordered a tortilla & vegetable chip basket w/ salsa, sour cream and guac from room service and ate the whole thing just before Eric got back. :D After he got back we got ready and walked around for a while before heading to dinner.

Dinner was at the Japanese place at the resort. I thought it was good, but Eric wasn't as fond of it. I guess we are spoiled from our local japanese place. Our chefs were great. They were singing and telling us jokes/riddles. I actually tried some spicy tuna sushi rolls and loved them. I was pretty proud of myself for the things I was eating and trying. After dinner we headed back over to the "CO" side and lounged around the pool.

Awesome view from new room

Again I added more pics to flickr from Day 2. Only a couple more days before it's finished.

3 comments:

soralis said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday, glad to hear you got a better view.

soralis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
x said...

I love your new id pic, that must be a Jamaica sunset behind you.