Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Adventures in Babysitting (The Chocolate Demon)

Yep, last night was my first official night alone with all 3 dogs.... It was definitely an adventure.
Let's see.... Where to begin...
* She peed on the floor 3 times, but at least it was in the kitchen on the linoleum
* When Eric called to say they arrived in KY safety she pooped by the back door and believe me I'm not good at doing the poop thing. I did a few dry heaves.
*Guess who thinks the skirt on the tree is her new toy? Yep, she dragged that out a few times.
*She also likes to go under the tree to "look out the window". Of course that is not necessary as she can clearly see out on the other side of the chase.
*She was racing between the living room and kitchen (around the table) w/ this snake that is as long as she is and tripped and spilt her water.
*I did get her medicine down her easily both last night and this morning. That's good right?

Needless to say, I went to bed at 8:30 last night. By then Godiva was winding down and I could have stayed up a little longer, but I figured she's tired and so am I so why not? I think I did pretty good overall, but it was a little stressful. I guess I didn't realize how much Eric does until he's gone. Good thing he'll be home tonight. Of course they know he's boss and he has lots more patience, so I'm sure he doesn't have as rough of time as I do/did...

*Krissy apparently thinks Eric has left her b/c she's been acting lost. She vomitted while Eric was still home 3 times yesterday (it's nerves). I thought I was doing good until she vomitted this morning. Thank goodness it was on the linoleum, too!

*Kodi is just Kodi. She slept w/ me most of the night and I'm sure she liked that.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ahh, puppy love. I remember the first 6 months or so that we had Zeus, I couldn't sit on the couch for more than 10 minutes at a time. Anytime he left the room, I had to jump up to see what he was getting into. Hopefully, your potty training thing will get better. You don't want to end up like me with accidents weekly after your dog is 3 years old. Yep, mine's still bad. He's just so darn cute.

Mrs. T said...

Ugh! Don't even say that!

She's normally pretty good, but since it was just me, she found it in herself to be worse than normal. She can't stand when I'm on the phone and ignoring her! I've even tried sitting on the floor playing with her while I'm on the phone...