Thursday, December 30, 2004

Happy New Year!

Well, its off to a fresh start with the new year. I hope to be a much better person this year. (Not that I was that bad last year) I feel like this is going to be a great year. Let's hope I'm right! Check back later for my new "Goals for 2005" in the sidebar as I'm still working on them.

(Special thanks to Kitten for her new year's meme.)

New Year's Meme
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
*Disney World & Sea World in Florida
*Cancun, Mexico

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
*Yes, I think I kept most of my new year's resolutions. I read 10+ Books, sent more cards, worked on relationship w/ mom. I did not get pregnant, but I'm not sure how much control I had over that. I also gained 10 lbs instead of losing, but what can I say, but I'll do better in 2005. I will definitely make more for this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
*Yep, one of my best friends, Jennifer

4. Did anyone close to you die?
*Nope

5. What countries did you visit?
*Mexico

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
*Motivation to get in shape & keep it up
*To be a better wife & show more affection in my marriage
*To have more patience dealing with things. (That's a tough one)

7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
*February 5-8 - We went to Florida to visit my grandparents & I went to Disney World, Sea World, & Homosasis Springs for the first time
*April 12 - Our 1 Year Anniversary
*June 24-27 - Our first trip to Cancun, Mexico
*September 18 - Saw George Carlin w/ Danialle & Chadd
*November 4 - We got Godiva
*November 6 - Jennifer's Baby Shower
*December 11 - Eric's Surprise Birthday Party that we pulled off
*December 12 - Baby Grace's Entrance to the World
*December 24 - The first time in a long time my mom and all her kids were together for a nice Christmas
*January, March, July and October Girls Weekend Trips

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
*Getting a new job

9. What was your biggest failure?
*Maybe not failure as it was out of my control, but biggest disappointment was not getting pregnant.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
*Nope except for an occassional cold

11. What was the best thing you bought?
*Godiva

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?
*Sister L miscarrying
*K getting pregnant
*My mom and sisters fighting

13. Where did most of your money go?
*Bills

14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
*Well, I got excited about a lot of things. I'd say everything that was in question #7

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? - About the same
b) thinner or fatter? - Fatter definitely
c) richer or poorer? - Poorer

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
*Doing special things together w/ my husband

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
*Spending/Charging

18. How did you spend Christmas?
*Christmas day Eric & I spent the day together, then around 3:30 we headed to C'ville to see my parents and then on to my grandparents. For once we weren't running all over creation!

19. Did you fall in love in 2004?
*Already in love

20. What was your favorite TV program?
*So many to choose from.... Survivor, CSI, Cold Case, Law & Order

21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
*nope

22. What was the best book you read?
*Probably the Jennifer Weiner books

23. What did you want and get?
*I'm a bit spoiled so there's too much to count

24. What did you want and not get?
*A fence for our backyard

25. What was your favorite film of this year?
*We watched a lot of movies. I don't really have a favorite I don't think.

26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
*We went out to eat at the Melting Pot and I was 25

27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
*Getting Pregnant

28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
*Sorta plain jane type. I hope to be more girly in 2005 after I get back into shape

29. What kept you sane?
*My husband and GWOs!

30. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
*Vin Diesel and Harrison Ford

31. Who was the best new person you met?
*Samara - Although it was in January 04 so she doesn't seem like a "new" friend anymore! ha ha More like a longtime friend

32. What is a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
*Patience - Still working on it, but getting there
*To Accept the Things I Cannot Change - Still working on that one, too

No comments: