Friday, December 17, 2004

I've been busy

Sorry, the holidays are a busy time for me. We've been super busy at work, plus as you know the holidays have begun. Thought I'd give an update on my life this week.

Monday we had a Christmas, I mean Staff Recognition Luncheon at work. (The Univ won't pay for it if we call it christmas...) It was at the Trails and I had never been there. It was nice. I won a patchwork throw type thing from Singapore. There were some really neat gifts there, too. Basically what happens is this. There is a lady who works here and her husband is a very well known faculty member. He travels all over the world attending conference, giving lectures, etc. Part of her job is to go with him and pick up unique gifts for the Christmas party. What a job, I know! There were 40 gifts total and our placemats at the table was a table 1-40 w/ clues for each gift. You have to decide by the clues what you want if your name gets picked from the hat. Anyway, it was a nice time.

Tuesday Eric got up early thirty w/ Godiva b/c she was coughing. It was sorta spuratic throughout the day and by afternoon Eric called the vet to get her in first thing Wed morning. Our vet figured it was kennel cough and they would put her on antibiotics. When I got home she started coughing much more and we felt horrible b/c it was almost like she couldn't catch her breathe, so guess what we did? Yep, she went to the emergency vet. It was some foreign lady who thought Godiva had or was on the verge of puppy pheumonia and they could keep her overnight and give her an IV. Can you say, "We just want your money!" Needless to say we declined the offer, got a prescription and headed. Eric stayed up throughout the night with her. She was still very active, eating and not dehydrated, so we weren't too worried. The coughing just sounded horrible!

Wednesday was Eric's birthday. I felt horrible b/c he had stayed up all night with Godiva. He took me to work and then headed to the vet. Basically, they confirmed that she had kennel cough and gave us some stronger meds. Thankfully they didn't charge us much since we had went to the emergency vet the night before. I felt really bad all day b/c it was Eric's b-day and actually we celebrated it on Saturday w/ his party. Anyway, after work we headed to this mexican place for dinner (surprise) and then home and watched White Chicks. It was funny.

Thursday was a lazy evening. We came home and Eric had a sandwich for dinner and I made some homemade mac n' cheese. I did a little reading, watched some TV and went to bed sorta early.

Tonight my sister is coming up and Eric is helping her with a scholarship application essay. (He's good at BS) I think I'm making tacos for dinner.

Saturday we are heading to Indy for a few hours to go to my dad's side for Christmas.

Sunday I think we'll head to a movie. We haven't done that in a long time and it will be fun. That's about all that's going on in our lives right now.

Hope everyone has a merry christmas and happy new year. I hope to update by then though!

No comments: