Sunday, December 12, 2004

Weekend Update

Let's see, Friday night we didn't do much. We went to the hospital to visit my uncle who had surgery. He was doing good. After that we headed to BW3s for dinner then home and watched Dodgeball. It was a pretty funny movie.

Saturday morning we got up and cleaned house. My in-laws and sister-in-law and her husband came in around 1:30 ish and we munched on goodies and had our christmas with them. It was nice getting together with them as we don't see Amanda & Erik much (yes her husband is Erik, too). I haven't mentioned it here for obvious reasons, but we were throwing Eric a surprise birthday party that night. Everyone was supposed to arrive at Don Pablo's at 5:00 and we were going to show up around 5:30. Unfortunately my male cousin called my cell at 4:30 to make sure it was still going on and I couldn't come up with anything to tell Eric why a male was calling me. He knew right then that something was up, but didn't know what. He also had an inkling b/c normally we open gifts then go straight to eat, but we stalled by watching part of Elf. Anyway, I made his sister and her husband ride with us b/c I knew Eric would grill me all they way to dinner to tell him what was going on. Of course as soon as we pulled into Don Pablo's he spotted my mom's car then we parked right near my aunts car. Thankfully we pulled it off as long as we did and it was a great time. There were about 20-25 people. After dinner and cake, everyone parted ways and my cousins and aunt stopped by as Danialle had not seen our puppy yet. We chatted for a bit and then they left. We were both pooped, but we went through our christmas presents and put stuff up then I headed to bed.

First thing this morning (@ 8:30) I got a call from Samara saying Jennifer's water broke. It was sorta trickling out and she really wasn't having any contractions so they took their time, finished getting ready and headed to the hospital. Samara called back around 10 and said that Jennifer was having contractions about 5 minutes apart and was still only 3 cm dialated. The doc also did an internal exam and felt hair so we know Grace has hair now. I haven't heard from her since and am getting VERY anxious to hear something again. If she doesn't call soon, I'm going to have to call her! I'll update if I hear anything else!

The rest of the day has been pretty uneventful. Aunt Flow came, I've been crampy. We had Taco Bell for lunch and am watching the Colts game right now. I'm making totellini for dinner. The Survivor Finale is on tonight so we'll watch that. We were supposed to go to a christmas party today for one of his bars, but Eric changed his mind. I think he may go to the after party and make an appearance later.

No comments: