Sunday, December 26, 2004

I'm Still Here

It's been a crazy last few weeks. Obviously I haven't updated in a while. Where to begin...

The holidays are hard for me. I love Christmas and the decorations and the spirit, if you will. I'm not a big fan of the rest of the stuff I seem to get from it. My mom and sisters and I have been on a rollercoaster since about a week before x-mas. Why they always have to bring me into their bullshit is beyond me. Maybe b/c I'm the only responsible, respectable, sain one and they like me to be the mediator. I was at my wits end about a week ago and so Danialle set my family straight for me. (Thank you) I was about to write the entire side off again. Anyway, they all came to my house x-mas eve and we did have a nice dinner and exchanged a few gifts.

The rest of the x-mas get togethers weren't too bad. K was there showing off her "belly". Yes, I'm jealous and I know she is nonchalantly rubbing it in my face, but that's her and I guess I am happy for her. However I do feel sorry for the baby. They have it rough on the financial side and apparently they are clueless how much a baby costs. Hell they just recently got a home phone... Anyway, I'm sure the family will help her out (they already are). That's just not the way I want to raise my kids and we won't raise our kids that way.

Godiva is settling down a little more these days. Still mean and wild, but she's getting there.

Work has been super busy. I've put in a little over time. I even work through lunch sometimes b/c we have so much to do. I do like my new job at least what I'm learning of it. Hopefully after the first of the year it will be better and I can learn more of it. To make a long story short, we have an interum "office manager" who is a micro manager and a control freak. He's hording some of my job, I think, b/c he's the only one who knows it, so it's a way to let them know they need to hire him. If he gets the job I probably won't stay around nor will the other lady in our office. We'll see how it goes. We are both hoping he doesn't get it.

Last Thursday we got a membership to a gym that just opened about 2 minutes from our house. We are leaving shortly for our first day of working out. I'm really excited about it. Yes, we have lots of workout equip in our garage, but who wants to work out at home? Not I. Anyway, I've been down about my weight, too. I'm at the heaviest point I've been in my life and somethings gotta change. Thankfully Eric is all for it, too. I think we both finally have the motivation to do something about our weight before it gets out of control. I think mine already is, but you know.

Anyway, the holidays are over, I'm moving towards a healthier body (again) and I hope to update my blog more often. I'll try to post some pics this week, too.

No comments: