Monday, July 07, 2008

Family, Friends & Fireworks!

Wow! Our weekend was great. On Friday we slept in. After we got up and showered, I made brownies and homemade macaroni & cheese for our cookout in the evening. Around 4 my cousin's showed up and we headed over to our family's house for the cookout. It was actually a pleasant visit without too much drama. I got to visit with my family, eat some good food, and play with the kids (especially my niece who is freaking adorable).

Heaven is such a big girl!! Sweetness was scared of the fireworks and cuddled her mom!

The guys went to get fireworks after dinner and they put on a lovely display for the family. They get a little out of hand at times...

Cousin J letting off fireworks With the loot!

We headed home around 11:30 or so and sat outside and visited with the neighbors for a while, too. Eric and Drew (neighbor) ended up TP-ing another neighbor's house for fun as they were gone that night. It was funny.

Saturday I got let in on the news of Danialle's news and helped her confirm it by taking her to Wal-Mart for a digital test. Congrats again Danialle & Chadd!!! After they left we vegged around the house. Then got ready and headed over to some other friends of ours. They had a nice cookout and fireworks as well. They put on a show for over an hour!!

Yesterday we just recuperated from the weekend. I ended up sleeping in until 10 am, which was later than I anticipated. I watched a couple movies and then decided to make a cheesecake and cut up some watermelon. YUM!! My stepmom is coming up this week and bringing me some raspberries, so I thought I needed the cheesecake to go with them. She's coming up to go pick blueberries so we will be full of fruit this week for sure!!

2 comments:

Dooneybug said...

I was so excited to find you writing recently!! Looks like you guys had a very fun fourth! Keep it up with the updates, I love to hear how you are. You were one of the very first blogs I ever read!

Lisa said...

Mmmmm... homemade mac & cheese - YUM!

Yeah, you were one of the very first blogs I read too, over 4 years ago! So happy you're back!!