Monday, June 14, 2004

Weekend Update

We left around 11:30 am on Saturday for the wedding. Eric thought it started at 1:30, but we left early. Thankfully b/c it actually started at 1:00. We got there just before the bride came down the aisle. The church ended up being air-conditioned (just since last year), so that was nice. The ceremony (being catholic) lasted a little over an hour. After that we headed to a local bar where several others went to wait until the reception which wasn't until 5. We didn't stay at the reception too long. It seems more like a gathering for everyone to just get hammered. Anyone who went to our wedding knows that crowd. On our way back we stopped and had dinner then on to Eric's parents for our final night there.

We got up fairly early on Saturday and went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast before heading home. Pretty boring drive. Except we took back roads from Covington. Along one of the roads we saw a doe and a fawn. When they saw us the doe took off, but the fawn just freaked out and didn't know what to do. It ran along side the road for a little bit until the guardrail ended where it could get down into the woods. That was neat b/c we just drove slowly along with it until it went into the woods. Once we got home we relaxed for a bit then ran to Target to get a few things and grabbed Pizza for dinner. I'm back on my diet today.

This morning hasn't been the best so far. Right after I got out of the shower, Eric went into the kitchen and realized there were little ants all over out counter. I had cut up a watermelon last night. Not sure what happened, but I KNOW I cleaned up the mess b/c I remember thinking that we had to make sure the trash got taken out quickly or we'd have ants and I cleaned the entire counter even where the juice couldn't have gotten. Eric sprayed some stuff and I cleaned down the counter again, so hopefully that will take care of it. Then after I got done blowdrying my hair I realized that my curling iron wasn't working. GRRR!!! Gotta go buy a new one of those tonight now. That about sums up the excitement of our weekend and morning.

No comments: