Monday, July 26, 2004

1st Anniversary GWO Re-cap

Yet another great, relaxing girls weekend out. Thursday evening I set out to drive to Chicago. I got into a little construction congestion, but arrived at Danialle's around 4:00. She was just finishing up some taco dip so we snacked on that for a bit. Jennifer called and said her plane was delayed b/c of the weather, so Danialle & I headed to Potbelly's for some dinner. Before heading on to the airport, Danialle spotted this shirt we thought we might pick up for Jennifer. It said "due in december", but unfortunately after we got in the store, it also said $58 and as much as we love Jennifer, the shirt was NOT worth that price. After circling the curbside pickup/dropoff & laughing hysterically, we finally figured out how to get to the parking area. We picked up Jennifer and headed back to Danialle's after a quick stop at McDonald's. We of course caught up on things and relaxed. We decided to walk down to Lincoln Park to get some dessert, but I was disappointed when they didn't have tiramisu, so the girls got something and we headed back to Danialle's. Before turning in for the night we listened to Jennifer's baby thru her doppler. Wow! That was so touching & amazing! Although it was a little warm at Danialle's we had a wind tunnel going and didn't sleep to bad.

We got up early Friday morning and took Chadd to work and then headed to Nookie's for breakfast. After getting back downtown we tried to scope out boat rides, but they were all too expensive, so we headed to H&M and Filene's Basement to do some shopping. We got some great deals of course! Heather called shortly thereafter, so we headed back to Danialle's to meet her. After catching her up we put our bathing suits on and went to BW3's for a quick lunch before heading to the beach. Unfortunately I talked Danialle into getting "Hot" wings and her mouth was on fire the rest of the day. (I'm sorry!) The beach was a little on the cool side, windy and a sandstorm, but despite that we still laid out for a while. Heather must have been exhausted from her drive as she took a nap. Jennifer dug a hole in the sand for her belly and we all concentrated on her feeling more baby movements. We then headed back to Danialle's, grabbed out luggage, and headed to the hotel to get ready. We had dinner at Leona's and then did a little shopping in that area. Leona's (or something) did NOT sit well with me, so we made a stop at Danialle's before returning to the hotel. Once we got to the hotel, sleepiness caught up so we didn't stay up much later.

On Saturday morning we slept in a little more then headed to Gurnee Mills for some MAJOR shopping! We spent 7 hours wandering around the mall! The best part was when Jennifer was trying on clothes at the Motherhood store and both Danialle and I joined her w/ the bellie pillows. We took a picture, so I'll try to post them later! I got a little sad at that, but I'm ok with it. After finally leaving there we decided not to got all the way back downtown and just got dinner at Outback near the hotel. We had this "different" waiter. His name was Ave, which was ironic b/c last October we met this lady named Ava Chu. Anyway, he proceeded to tell us all about how he found his spiritual love. It was nice hearing his point of view, but I don't necessarily agree with it. He was a little weird. We didn't stay up too late once we got to the hotel. We had planned on either swimming or sitting in the hot tub, but the pool was packed w/ kids and the hot tub was broke, so we just headed to the room and after some talking, fell asleep.

Sunday morning we were woke up early to Danialle moaning and sorta yelling. Apparently she was having a nightmare that she was barking at someone who stole her car. It was hilarious! After getting everything ready, we said our goodbyes and headed home. Over halfway home I realized that I forgot my nice, expensive pillow at the hotel, so I freaked out and called Danialle and had her pick it up for me and mail it to me. I sure wished we lived closer (all of us). After I got home, I showed Eric everything I got and talked to him for a while then took a nap.

I love having girls weekend. They are so relaxing and refreshing and I just love being with my girls. I'm always glad to be home though, too.

No comments: