Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Brother Issues

For some unknown reason my brother has decided to sign up for the Army. Now don't get me wrong I support our troops despite not totally agreeing with the war, but why on earth would someone sign up knowing they will most likely be going to war? To make matters worse he signed up for infantry... He will be leaving either August 7 or 18 and going to Fort Benning in Georgia. Now, my brother has some issues and I know being in the army will be very good for him and I'm not surprised in the least, but just concerned w/ his timing. One good point is that he has 8 weeks of boot camp and then 3-4 months of specialized training. Se he has any where from 5-6 months before he could be deployed (I think/hope!) My other issue is that he is an only son and his father is deceased. I always heard that he would not be put on the front line b/c of this, but my husband believes that since our troop strength is weak and spread thin, that he could. My brother isn't making it a point to share this fact w/ the army either... Does anyone know?

No comments: