Monday, July 19, 2004

Weekend Update

Friday after work we headed to C'ville to a cookout at my aunt's house. It was nice. Most of the family was there and we got to see my cousins from Godville & Chicago. We ate and visited for quite a while and we left around 10 to head home.

Saturday morning we got up and cleaned house as we were having guests later in the day. We met my cousins and their dad at Red Lobster and had some good food. After eating we headed to the mall for a little shopping. When we got home we got ready and headed out for the wedding. On our way there it started pouring rain, which would have been fine had this been an indoor wedding. Fortunately it stopped raining for them to get through the ceremony which was also nice. However, it did sprinkle a little during the wedding. The reception was also outside except they had rented a tent, so at least we were protected from the weather. It rained one more time then let up for the rest of the evening. We danced and celebrated and had an all-round good time. After the fireworks, we headed home. Once home we ordered a pizza and chatted a bit before heading to bed.

My aunt and grams picked up J around 7:30 am and D & C left shortly after them. I fell back asleep on the couch until late morning. Eric mowed the lawn then we got ready and headed to the movies to see I, Robot. It was a pretty good movie. Will Smith is pretty funny. I'm sure we'll buy it when it comes out.

On a side note, Eric hasn't heard anything from his interview yet. We had hoped to hear something last week, but didn't. He did hear that he was in the final two, but that was no surprise. I was also supposed to have an interview this Wednesday, but I withdrew myself b/c it was the same level as I am currently w/ most likely no room for advancement. Another downfall was that it was not w/in my current employer, which I originally thought it was and if I took it I'd lose my "years of service" and have to start all over w/ vacation, and all that jazz. I'll just keep looking here until I find something higher or at least with more room for advancement. I am hoping my current job will soon bump my job up to a higher level at least to keep my around for a while longer. That will mean a raise for the re-classification and then another 90-day raise. They had already planned on doing it, so I'm really going to encourage them to do so soon. The good thing is that my boss is great and totally understands. I'm sure she'll help me find something even. I would stay where I'm at if I could advance to at least an administrative level, but unfortunately our school is so small that it's just not possible.

I have a big weekend coming this weekend. I will be heading to Chicago for a girls weekend out. I can't wait for it either! It's always nice to have some girl time.

No comments: