Thursday, February 17, 2005

General Update

We went and visited w/ our little chocolate Godiva last night. She was so excited to see us, but so exhausted. She just laid down against me and let me pet her. She was doing good overall though. The vet said she wasn't messing with her stitches so that is a very good sign. She is such a baby though. When I went to make her stand back up so we could take her out and then take her back to be put up, she was whining. It broke my heart, but then Eric came back in the room w/ the vet and she jumped right up, so I imagine she was scared it "might" hurt or she's just milking it. I assume more the latter. Eric is going to pick her up this afternoon. The sad thing is that since she is such an active dog we might have to put her in her cage a lot so she doesn't tear her incision back open. However, Eric will be home with her all afternoon and all day tomorrow and we will be home all weekend (besides going to the gym of course).

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow and I'm sure it will require at least one more follow-up appt. YUCK! Then after that I'm meeting my mom and possibly grandparents, too and having dinner with them. It's a belated b-day dinner for my mom. We had planned on doing it last week, but I got sick and she didn't want that for her b-day! :)

I haven't talked to my brother in a while, but my mom keeps my posted. Crystal (his new wifey) is going down today and they are going to check out the area and hopefully find somewhere to live. Unfortunately they can't live on married housing on base b/c it's full so the army will pay for them to live off base until something on base becomes available. I sure hope they find something this weekend. However, I did find out that my brother leaves in November for Iraq. It was inevitable I know. His unit has already been deployed once from what I can tell, so now they are going to be redeployed.

I'm starting to feel better about my appearance. I guess that's what working out and eating better will do for ya. :) I have only lost 4.5 pounds so far, but that to me is not as big of deal as just feeling better about myself. As long as I keep with it I know the weight will come off or at least I will in better shape and be toned. I want to be more healthy and if losing weight comes with it then so be it. In March we find out about our softball league which will ultimately start in April w/ practice and May w/ games. I can't wait for that. Also as soon as it gets warm out I want to start playing tennis at least once a week. And of course get outside and start working in my landscape. I read yesterday that gardening burns more calories than going to the gym sometimes. I can totally see that. I just want to get out there and pull some weeds (great for the butt and legs) and doing some replanting and stuff. I'd like to clean up the top of our hill, but I think it is so overrun w/ weeds that it will be a major chore! I intend to try though. If I start early enough it might just work. Last year I poured two containers of wild flowers on the hill and got a single flower. My hope is that I can start clearing it out early enough and plant those wild flowers again and have an entire hill of flowers by late spring or early summer. I'd love to have fresh flowers on my kitchen table every week w/out buying them! In fact I just added that to my list of "Goals for 2005".

COME ON SPRING! It will be here before we know it. It has already begun to get lighter in the mornings.

For my birthday I'm going to Chicago to see Peter, Kitten's beautician for a full makeover. I am so excited and anxious about that. I am getting a new color and do. I've been searching lately for a hairstyle, but haven't really found anything I "have to have". I'm hoping that he will set me up with the perfect hairstyle. I want to keep the length between my chin and shoulder and add some light bangs, but other than that I'm not too particular. As for color I know Eric likes my hair blonde better, but my hair is getting darker and I really want to get back to close to my natural color, which unfortunately is NOT blonde anymore. I'm going to go dark blonde/light brunette in that area. I want to get away from dying my hair again. Stay tuned for pictures.

On another note, I want to talk about my husband. Those of you who know him know how great he is to me. Many times I don't recognize that or am not so appreciative of that. I've tried to get better about that, but sometimes I just take it for granted. He is a great guy. Yesterday for instance since Godiva was going to be gone we were going to spend the evening doing a major cleaning on the house. However when he picked me up he informed me that he had already cleaned the house. That was so wonderful of him! He didn't have to do that, but he just does stuff like that. I'm not the greatest wife when it comes to stuff around the house. Most of the time he just does everything and I don't have to worry about it, so therefore I don't. I know he gets frustrated at me sometimes and for that I apologize, but I couldn't imagine my life without him. I don't tell him often enough how much I love and appreciate him and I want him (and everyone else) to know that I do love him and appreciate him and look forward to spending the rest of my life with him!

I guess this was a long post or maybe I just need to do this more often. Or maybe it was the caffeine I had in my mocha this morning. :)

No comments: