Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ascension by Colleen Hitchcock

I happened upon this poem this morning and thought I'd share. It really brings a smile to my face and warm feeling to my heart!

Ascension
by Colleen Hitchcock

And if I go,
while you're still here...
Know that I live on,
vibrating to a different measure
--behind a thin veil you cannot see through.
You will not see me,
so you must have faith.
I wait for the time when we can soar together again,
--both aware of each other.
Until then, live your life to its fullest.
And when you need me,
Just whisper my name in your heart,
...I will be there.


Used with Author's Permission. Ascension ©1987 by Colleen Corah Hitchcock,
P. O. Box 390082, Edina, MN 55439 www.colleenhitchcock.com



Eric told me last night that he's worried about me b/c I haven't grieved. I think I am still grieving. I may not break down and lose it, but I am grieving in my own way. Everyone grieves differently. I talk to Matt every single day several times a day. I wear the "donate life" bracelet always and every time it catches my eye I think of Matt. And sometimes I find myself touching it or rubbing it and it makes me feel closer to Matt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as your grieving process is working for you, that's all that matters. Maybe you will just need to read that poem every once in a while and it will help too. I am proud at how strong you have been through all of this. I'd have a really hard time if it were me. Grieve in your own way...whatever works for you is best for you.