Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Where am I?

Well, I had sort of a down weekend and didn't do a whole lot. Work this week and for the next 2-3 weeks is a really busy time for me, so I will only be updating periodically as time permits. Why can't I update at home? Well, I could, but we have been busy in the evenings and weekends, too and I haven't had a ton of motivation when we aren't busy.

Ok, so my weekend went like so... Friday after work we headed to this new place (for us) Boiler*Market and got pizza to go. We had heard that their pizza was great so we thought we'd try. Eric got cheese & I got Margherita and we got some breadsticks. The pizza was quite yummy and not majorly greasy either. While eating our pizza we watched Coach*Carter, which was a good movie. I've been battling headaches for the last week so I went to bed shortly after that.

Saturday we got up and I cleaned the house. Originally my grandparents were going to come up and help Eric work on the bathroom tub. It needs some new drywall and re-cocked. Well, something came up with them, so they postponed. I ended up going with my sister to get some supplies for when she starts college in a few weeks. It was quite fun having a little girl time and wondering around picking up stuff. I even splurged on a few things myself for a little pampering. Speaking of, have you tried the new Oil*of*Olay*Moisturinse*Lotion? You put it on in the shower, then rinse it off and it's suppose to moisturize your body. I have used it a couple of days and it seems nice and it definitely smells good. I bought the "senstive skin" one and so far it isn't breaking me out, so I think I'll try using it every day and see how it goes. After we got back home Ash left for work and Eric & I tried to figure out what we were going to do. I was in a weird mood and just felt like wondering around. We went to Meijer* and wondered around there for a while then headed over to play putt-putt. However, they only take cash and we didn't want to go to the ATM and back, so we just headed to BW3*s for dinner. Then we came home, watched a little TV and hit the bed.

Sunday was a big day. We got up early and got ready and took Godiva to the softball field near our home. I had made a play date w/ a lady I know at work and her yellow lab and they had a blast. They ran pretty hard for about 30 minutes and then were exhausted, so we didn't play too long. It's funny how Godiva picks things up from other dogs. We brought her tennis ball and a frisbee. She wouldn't go near the frisbee, but Suni (the yellow lab) was playing with it. After we got home, she was quite interested in it and carried it around and chewed on it. Anyway, we left our house again around 11 and headed to C'ville. We stopped by my brother's grave for a little while. It was the first time I'd been there since he was buried. It sucks that we can't visit him very often, but I will every single time I go home. After that we went to visit my mom for a little while. Then headed to my sister's other house for a going away luncheon. It was quite fun b/c they live on 65 acres and they were shooting guns at clay pigeons. I didn't shoot, but the guys had a blast. Later they decided to start shooting at coke cans and water bottles. We were both pretty exhausted from the day by the time we got home, so we had a relaxing evening on the couch for the most part and went to bed early.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hon! Glad to hear that you have been out and about, that is a good thing.

I have been using the OoO in shower lotion too! I really like it when I'm in a hurry and don't have time for regular lotion.

I hear you on the busy work. Some days it's non-stop, other days it's slow. And by the time you get home, make dinner, eat, clean-up, etc. well....you end up like me blogging at 11:00 at night when one should be sleeping.

QueenBee said...

HOw are you? I've missed reading your posts this week. Hope you're doing okay.