Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm back

Wow! I haven't updated in quite a while. I've been super busy at work and by the time I get home have no desire to sit in front of the computer to update or even browse others' blogs. So, yes I wasn't updating or really reading too many of anyone elses blogs. Heck I barely caught the news. I think I'm back now though. I spent most of my lunch hour reading some blogs, but still haven't been able to comment so please forgive me.

Despite being very busy I did get a few things done in the evening that I'm proud of. First of all, my gramps made a wooden cross to put at my brother's crash site a while back. I've been neglecting it for a week or two now. I finally got some stencils and put his name and dates on it. I messed up at first, so I still have a little touch up to do and then we have to weather-proof it. I will finish it up this week though b/c my mom is coming up on Saturday and we are going to put it at the site then. I'm also hoping to come up with some fun stuff to do with her. She's having a really hard time right now and is going to go to some therapy, which I highly recommended to her, too.

Anyway, we had a pretty good weekend. On Saturday we went up to Chicago to check out Danialle's new pad, go to the Air & Water show and eat some delicious grub prepared by Chef Jamie. It was a nice day, too, which made it even better. We sat in the shade so I didn't really think about sunscreen and I did get a little pink, but it wasn't a horrible sunburn or anything. Yesterday we were pretty lazy most of the day. Ok, well, all of the day. Eric went out to get Taco*Bell for lunch and then we did go out and rent Sin*City and get pizza for dinner. That about summed it up though. I wanted to pull some weeds and do some things outside, but the couch kept me hostage. I didn't complain too much.

Today is the first day of classes for the kiddies. I've been quite busy today, but have been working on this lovely post during my spare time. In fact, it's almost time for me to go home now, so I decided I better finish it up and actually publish it. I'll try to post a little more regular this week. Oh, if you have not noticed my chart I'm on CD 25, 7 DPO and it's looking pretty nice so far. Interesting, too... I don't want to jinx it so I won't say any more. ha ha I'll try to get back to giving a few comments later this week, too. Forgive me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erica! I've been wondering how you've been doing. Sounds like you had a nice & relaxing weekend~ well deserved! Glad things are looking good in other areas that we won't mention, like you said, don't want to jinx ya! Take Care! And PLEAAASSSEEE keep us updated....I've missed your posts!

~ Valerie

Anonymous said...

The, um, thing you were discussing, looks marvelous. But let's change the subject and not talk about it, it might hear us.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hon! Glad you're back! That thing is very interesting but I won't mention it again. :)