Friday, August 26, 2005

I seem to have gotten a little busier at work since I last posted, so thus the lack of posts. My evenings haven't been as busy, but I've just been plain lazy. Can you ever forgive me internet? hee hee

Wednesday night Eric got to play in a double header co-ed softball game. I was pretty pissed at first b/c it was basically our entire co-ed team we played with with 1 new girl and 1 new guy. And they were wearing our freaking shirts we sponsored them with. Grrr!!! They are apparently just using Eric at their convenience. All I have to say is they better not think they can call the night before and ask us to drop our plans for the next night for their asses b/c it won't happen if we have plans. We did have plans that I really wish we would have stuck to. We had planned on taking Godiva to the "Hike w/ your Hound" event at the park, which I later found out was a good time. Aw, well.

The evenings have been so nice, too. Last night I sat out side and chatted w/ my mom for quite a while. She is coming up tonight and spending a couple days with us. I've been worrying about her a lot, too. She's been crying a lot, which I told her is normal, but it's causing her to miss quite a bit of work. Thankfully they are letting her take FMLA, so she won't lose her job. Unfortunately it is unpaid. She went to the doc yesterday though and they gave her some ADs and she was supposed to call today to set up appts for grief counseling. I think it will really help her. I'm glad she's going that way and not just popping pills to ease her pain. **Update: Mom goes to her first session at 3:30 today**

So, tonight we are planning on going to BW3s for dinner and to see my sister since she's working. After that we might walk across the bridge or mosey around downtown or something. Who knows!? Danialle is coming in later this evening so we will probably sit around and chat and maybe play some cards or something. Tomorrow is breakfast somewhere cheap before Danialle heads off to C'ville. After that we are heading over to Ash's dorm life so mom can get a glimpse of the fun she has. Then tomorrow afternoon we are planning on going out to Wolf Park to check that out. I'm sure mom will enjoy that most of all. Saturday night we'll probably relax and watch some movies. At some point we need to go through some of Matt's stuff that we have in our garage, but I think we all are not looking forward to that. Then Sunday mom will be going home. I'd like to get some yard/landscape work done, but won't be too upset if I don't get around to it.

So hope all of you have a good weekend, too. Hopefully next week I'll get back to regular posts and pics from the weekend, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any plans on when you may test? I'm curious as to how this cycle comes out for you :)