Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm back

I've not been off to a good start for 2006. I had a breakdown on Jan 2 and I even scared myself. Starting on the 3rd all hell broke loose with my sister who had been staying with us. To make a long story short and not give many details here as I think it's inappropriate, we are talking a bit, but she basically hates my husband. Of course she won't talk to him about it either and yes he is willing. That made for a really rough week. On the 7th I attended my cousin's baby shower and had a lot of fun. I was really tense about going, but it turned out to be fun.

Last week I was crazy busy at work. It was a nightmare. I don't know why all these kids wait until the last possible minute to register for classes and then make me feel like it's my fault. I have a backbone though and they don't get very far with it.

Friday I headed to OH for a Girls' Weekend. It turned out that my friend Jennifer's daughter was still in the hospital recovering from her surgery, pneumonia, and bacterial infection so we spent the weekend hanging out at the hospital. It was still fun though. We played with Grace constantly and got some intense girl time in with only a few minor interruptions from the nurses. (Including one "murse" who we believe was a man even though s/he looked completely like a woman...Scarey...) Despite being at the hospital we did "escape" a few times and still had a great time and I know Jennifer (& Grace) both enjoyed the company.

Jennifer's husband let us steal her away for 2 nights. On Friday night Danialle's plane kept getting delayed and we ended up picking her up at 1 am Saturday morning. It made for a short night's sleep. Saturday night we hit up Olive*Garden for a 4 course meal. YUMMY!

Monday I got up early and hit the road home. Danialle made a quick visit to the hospital before departing for the airport herself.

When I got home I showered and did some laundry. I was too exhausted to cook dinner and Eric made arrangements to eat out so we had dinner and I got a very nice massage (among other things) before falling asleep shortly after 8 pm.

Today I've been cleaning up the tornado that hit my desk while I was out Friday. I swear these people are incompetent. Ugh! I think I'm caught up now. I'm sure I'll have to put out some forest fires this afternoon, but I guess its ok.

This week is going to be mad crazy. Tonight we are going to a closing party for one of Eric's accounts. Wednesday we actually get to spend the evening at home. I hope we just get a movie and eat something easy. Thursday we are heading to C'ville for my dad's birthday. Friday we have dinner out with the crazy side of my family (hee hee). Saturday is Christmas with the aforementioned family. Sunday I think I'll spend the day in bed and recooperate. Although we have a busy week it should be a lot of fun.

Hopefully I'm back to regular posting. I did put up some pics in the Flickr album of my cousin's baby shower. I hope to put up some pics of the little Grace munchkin (from this weekend) this week sometime. I have a billion other things going on, so forgive me if I don't get to it til this weekend. :D

Missed you all & I have been trying to keep up with your blogs.

No comments: