Monday, January 23, 2006

Weekend - Christmas 05-06

Friday I decided to stay home from work. My gramps was getting surgery in the afternoon and Eric had a meeting all day long, so I took the opportunity to stay home. I tried sleeping in, but the doggies had other ideas, so I spent the morning on the couch. Around 11 am, I decided to work on a few items on my "To Do" list I've been wanting to get done. I got a load of laundry done and then tackled the refrigetator. It needed cleaning, so I spent a few hours taking out shelves and cleaning them, plus throwing out some stuff. The only thing I didn't get done was the shelves on the door, but that's my goal for next weekend. Anyway during the afternoon I took a short nap and watched a few shows then got ready.

When Eric got home he did a few things then we headed to a local mexican restaurant and met up with some family members for some eatin'. Unfortunately several people didn't show up, mostly b/c of my gramps surgery. That was ok though we still had a good time. We invited everyone over to our house after dinner and the cousins from Chicago got in about the time we got back to our house. We did have a little interesting thing happen... The 3 guy cousins went to the LQ to get a few things and some mixers and ended up getting pulled over "because they looked to young to be in the LQ". Thankfully the one cousin driving only got off with a ticket that we are pretty sure he can get out of. The older relatives left and the 8 of us younger group hung out and chatted til about midnight.

Saturday morning we got up and got ready, then headed to C'ville for Christmas. Yes we have Christmas in January. I think everyone was there at one time or another and we had a blast opening presents, eating from the billions of options my grams had available and just enjoying each other's company. You can see pictures here.

Sunday we had a pretty lazy day. When I got up (I slept in a bit), we went out for breakfast and wandered around Target. After that we headed home and I didn't do too much of anything that couldn't be done from the comfort of the couch. We watched a movie last night and I went to bed around 9:30.

At least is wasn't a stressful weekend.

No comments: