Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend Recap

Our weekend was L-A-Z-Y, simply put. But in a nice sorta way. Friday night we went to the gym after work. We did a good upper body workout and I even got 15 minutes in on the bike. After working out we grabbed dinner and headed home. When we got home I vaccuumed the house and watched a little TV.

Saturday I was awakened by the onset of those lovely cramps. (So there's your answer about this month's TTC, it didn't happen.) Anyway I took some ibuprofren and went back to bed. I didn't sleep well though and finally got up and moved to the couch. I spent most of Saturday in that same spot alternating ends though. :D

Yesterday I woke up and the ball of my left foot was quite sore. I didn't remember doing anything to it and wasn't sure what happened. I got up and made sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast. YUMMY! After scanning the paper and took a shower and we headed to the gym, despite my sore foot. I realized real quick that I was limited with my sore foot. I did most of lower, but did skip the hip sled. I did 15 walking lunges before giving in to some pain. Finally I did about 20 minutes on the bike while Eric finished up his workout. I realize now that I did too much. Eric massaged it several times throughout the day, but it was still hurting. We spent the rest of the day being lazy. I did make a chicken & rice casserole for my lunch this week, but that was about it. Oh and Eric made us french fries and tator tots for dinner last night.

This morning we got up at 5 am and headed to the gym. I knew before we got there that my foot was worse, but I wanted to suck it up and keep up with my workout. I decided 15 minutes in that I could do no more than 20 minutes and even that was pushing it. I was nearly in tears and that 20 minutes couldn't come fast enough. When I got to work this morning I called a podiatrist, but unfortunately they can't get me in until next Monday. I don't know what I'm going to do in the meantime. I guess stay off of it as much as possible. This sucks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your period and your foot.

Hooray for lazy weekends though. That's pretty much what we did this weekend. Absolutely nothing.

April said...

Damn. Sorry to hear about your foot - and of course about a new cycle.

Sunny Jenny said...

:( sorry

Trinity13 said...

I hope your foot gets to feeling better! That stinks!!!

Btw, thanks for stopping by my blog!