Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Matt's Grave

A few weeks ago we got together with my sisters and mom and landscaped my brother's grave. It was nice that all of us could do it and the grave itself really does look nice. See...

Matt's Grave Landscaped

It was sort of soothing for me to get it done. It really sets it apart from some of the other graves, too.

Last fall after my brother's death I had already planned on landscaping his grave this spring. I found these two rocks as well that are just perfect to put out there. Click on the image to read what they say...

Stone at Matt's Grave

Stone at Matt's Grave

So now the landscape is done and I'm as happy as can be. I miss him so much. I think about him every day, too.

I've been neglecting another thing in memory of him that I hope to check off my list soon as well. We put together some videos of Matt when he was younger and my cousin Danialle put it together and editted it. I just need to make a DVD cover and make about 20 copies. I think I'm going to start working on this and give it to all of our family members around the 4th of July.

See last year our WHOLE family got together during the 4th and had the most spectacular time ever! This was just a few weeks before my brother's sudden death. Thankfully we were able to get that picture because that is how I will always remember the last few weeks of my brother's life. He was happy, maybe not on the inside, but you couldn't tell on the outside. I'm so thankful that I got to spend time with him before he was gone, too.

One of my favorite memories of him was the day before he died when we were all at my aunt's house. We couldn't find him and finally we looked outside and Matt was floating around in the little pool they have with a huge smile on his face. When I think about that it makes me smile.

4 comments:

Kitten said...

I think it looks beautiful E. Good job!

I like the pool memory too. I think he's still somewhere doing just that. Smiling and relaxing in the sun, with no shoes on of course.

Love you.

soralis said...

It looks beautiful! (I am so sorry that you lost your brother so young though)

Take care and I am sure he is watching down over you.

GLouise said...

You are a great sister.
It looks beautiful. I am so sorry that you lost your brother, and at such a young age, too.

YouGuysKnow said...

i really like that lanscape job. love the pebbles and larger stones. really neat. i can't imagine losing my brother. you sure are strong.