Monday, December 29, 2003

Holiday Re-cap

I'm back to work today. Thought I would update my blog over the holiday, but that didn't happen, so I'll re-cap. I went home sick from work on Tuesday late morning. (Started feeling sick Monday and it kept getting worse.) On Wednesday, Christmas Eve, I was pretty bad, so Eric ended up taking me to the hospital. Fortunately I didn't have the flu, but did have an upper respiratory infection. They gave me a prescription and sent me on my way. On Christmas morning, I was torn. I wasn't feeling much better, but at the same time didn't want to miss Christmas. We ended up going to Dad & Peg's for lunch and then on down to my grandparent's house (Peg's side). Needlesss to say we left after dinner. I was pretty exhausted and ended up having a horrible night of sleeping. I stayed in bed the whole day on Friday. Saturday I was feeling much better. We went to C'ville that evening and had dinner with my grandparents on my mom's side and my siblings. It was very nice. My sisters, their boyfriends, Eric & I went and played a game of bowling and then we went to my mom's house and visited with her for a little while. We looked through some pics of us when we were younger and had a few laughs. Yesterday, Eric and I went to see Lord of the Rings and just relaxed besides that.

I'm sure that I'm not pregnant this month again. My temp spiked last week, but I think it was a temperature rather than a ovulation spike. Saturday my temp went back down to where it was before I got sick. I read more in the Fertility book and am pretty confused. With my periods so regular it is hard to imagine that I'm not ovulating, but at the same time, it is pretty obvious that I'm not by my temps. I actually wish I was irregular! It would be a lot easier to deal with. Honestly I think I have the problem of my body not producing enough proestrogen for ovulation. Maybe. I also wonder about stress, but if stress was the problem then again, my periods would be messed up. I"m supposed to start my period on the 31st, so hopefully next month will be better!

On another note, I've been working on my relationship with my mom. We are both making some baby steps to become friends again. I'm glad that she is finally making some progress on it and hopefully things will get better. I have heard several things about her from my sisters and various people about her being sick, but she has never told me anything. Saturday she finally broke down and we had a talk. Apparently about 6 months ago she was dianosed with colon cancer and severe endometriosis. I guess she also has polyps, but I don't really understand or know what that means. I'm going to do some research today on it. Right now they are treating her with medication, but she goes back in February for more tests. We were both very upset while talking about it, so I don't know any more specifics, but intend to find out soon! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: