Monday, December 01, 2003

Holidays.... 24 Days til Christmas

This is my 3rd time trying to post this morning. Apparently I'm having some brain failures or something. Ugh. My holiday festivities were good. Although we do so much driving that I'm always glad when they are done. Let's see. Wednesday we did some grocery shopping, which I was a little nervous about b/c of waiting until the last minute. Fortunately, they had everything we needed. Thursday, I hosted my dad's side and Eric's parents at my house. Everything went perfect with no major dilemmas. I was exhausted Thursday night though. Friday we got up early for some Christmas shopping, but after the 1 hour wait at Best Buy and the 5 mile (almost) walk back to the truck, we decided it wasn't worth it. Friday afternoon we went to my mom's side get together, which crazily enough was nice. Everyone got along and it was very calm. The weather on the way home was bad, but we made it home safe. Saturday we made our final trip south to Peg's side get together, which is always nice. We are burnt out on Turkey though. ha ha

Put up the outside decorations yesterday morning, ran out of a few strands, so Eric is getting them today. We also did our traditional cut a tree down yourself. That was so much fun. As usual, those trees look so much smaller out in a field then they do in your house. We got a giant! Our house smells so awesome though! Oh and with some of the branches we cut off the bottom I made a not so Martha Stewart wreath. Needless to say, that will probably be history this afternoon, too. If not I will take a pic of it and I will try to post some pics later in the week once the outside is finished!

Started the diet today. So far so good. Had bacon and a piece of bread for breakfast. Pears and cottage cheese for snack. Piece of bread, turkey, green beans for lunch. Piece of bread, bacon, and cottage cheese for my afternoon snack. Hmmm... I guess it won't hurt! Not sure on dinner. It's going to be a struggle this week for me, too. I know I'm working over tonight at least a little. Tuesday, I probably won't be home until after 8 pm and I hope I can eat good at our reception that night. Wednesday is our conference and I know I will be involved in that, so even if I do eat healthy, I won't be able to eat on a schedule every couple of hours. I WILL TRY THOUGH.

I have a small dilemma in aunt flow & pregnancy testing. Here goes.... I'm supposed to be visited by aunt flow on Friday. However, I have a yearly appointment with my OB/GYN on Thursday morning. I imagine I will test Thursday morning so I can tell the doc for sure. I guess unless I start on Thursday morning, which could also be a possibility. I guess I should probably tell you (Danialle knows a little), I had some problems over the holiday. I was having major pains in my left side. Eric was ready to take me to the hospital. They have stopped now (today). Not sure what the deal was (or is). Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?? I do NOT think it has anything to do with periods or babies. Anyway, back to the pregnancy thing. I'm not having any symptoms thus far. And honestly I'm pretty certain I'm not pregnant. I guess we'll see later this week, but don't get your hopes up...

No comments: