Thursday, January 08, 2004

Lindsay's Pregnancy

Lindsay had her first "official" doctor's appointment this morning. We found out that she is 2 months and 1 week pregnant, which makes her due date August 12, 2004. The said she was doing good and the baby was progressing well and looked healthy. She got a pic, so she was pretty excited about that, too. I don't think it has COMPLETELY set in yet although she has a real due date now, so that I'm sure is weird for her.

About Lindsay's due date
All three of us girls were born on the 9th of a month (January, March and July). I think it would be neat if Lindsay's baby is born on the 9th, too. Another option would be August 18th, which is Danialle's birthday. Really it should have a birthday of it's own, but I'm just thinking about options. (Like I have a say in the matter or something).

My Thoughts
Obviously I am not proud of the fact that my 15 year old sister is pregnant, but at the same time I hope and think it will bring the family closer. Currently, I've been talking with my mom pretty regularly and that makes me happy. She even calls me. I've talked to her more in the last 2-3 week than I have over the last year or two.

Danialle & I are going to start collecting things now to give her for her shower. Maybe not as much clothes, but more things that aren't as fun to get as gift that she will need. I'll have to do some research. If you have any ideas, let me know.

No comments: