Monday, January 10, 2005

The Weekend

So I updated on Saturday about working long hours and overtime. Then said I was off to Eric's holiday party... Well, needless to say it was quite interesting. (To say the least)

On our way down to Indy we headed to the airport b/c we had to get my plane ticket for my trip to FL in February. We were worried at first that we wouldn't be able to get it b/c the "ticket counter" was closed, but thankfully they gave it to us.

Eric thought that cocktail hour was from 5:30-6:30 then the dinner at 6:30. So we arrived around 5:15 or so only to find out we were about the first one there. Yep, cocktail hour started at 6:30. We were starving, but managed a few drinks. About 7:30 they filed everyone in this small room and explained some rules and details as they had arranged a vegas night holiday party. Actually it was a blast! The downside was the invitation said "informal dinner". We assumed it was just a buffett and you could eat whenever. Nope. It was just finger type foods and not that great either. Oh, well, gambling made up for it I guess. There was a highlight to the night though...

We ladies were standing around a table chatting, when Eric's bosses fiance looks at me and says..... "Oh, your belly, when are you due?" I imagine the look on my face was priceless and I just said, "Uh, I'm not!" She just about melted in her shoes. I'm sure she was so embarrased. She came over and apologized and hugged me and all that. I was embarrassed, too. After that I just got a drink and headed to find Eric. Eric said I didn't look pregnant, but my shirt could look like it sometimes.... This is the sweater I had on. What do you think? Obviously I'm not that skinny, but I'm definitely not fat either! Seriously, why would you ask someone that if you weren't for sure??? IDIOT! Needless to say, I won't be wearing the shirt for a while.

Yesterday was pretty lazy. AF came first thing. We tried to go to the gym and I did most of my routine, but with cramps and a cold, we cut it a little short. I'm feeling better today. Have medicine head though with all the tylenol am/pm I'm on. That's not the best feeling, but it's better than being sick.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I can't believe that! Seriously, never ask when someone is due unless they are obviously pregnant or you know they are. I bet she felt really stupid. I'm sure you didn't look pregnant. Now when you really are she probably won't say anything even if you are ready to pop!