Sunday, January 30, 2005

Weekend

Had a great weekend! Friday night we didn't do a whole lot besides go to the gym, which is always a good thing.

Saturday morning I talked to my sister Ashlee and she was going to be at our house at around 10:30 so we could take her out for her belated birthday dinner. Apparently C'ville had had freezing rain that morning and it was snowing pretty heavily. It didn't start even snowing at our house til around 10:00. She finally got to our house around 11:15. Once she arrived we headed to pick up Jamie. It had started snowing pretty heavily by this time. We headed toward Olive Garden and had a nice lunch. We convinced Ashlee that it probably wasn't a good idea for her to drive back by herself b/c of the weather so she ended up calling in and she and Jamie spent the night. We had a little sleepover. When we got back to our house we played some Phase 10. Ashlee has a friend that goes to PU, so we picked him up and he joined us for some card playing. Eric decided to order pizza. When the pizza arrived we headed to the living room and watch Friday Night Lights. It was a good movie. After the movie we decided we better make and eat fondue. Unfortunatley the guys we not interested, so us 3 girls put away a quart of strawberries and two bananas all dipped in chocolate of course. We were still up for some games, so we all played a game of monopoly. We finally quit at midnight. Eric took Ashlee's friend home and after some late-night chatting we headed off to dream land.

Today has been productive. Ashlee and Jamie left around 9:00. I relaxed on the couch a bit then we cleaned house. We headed to the gym to make-up our skipped workout from yesterday, made a quick stop at Taco Bell and the grocery store and headed home. Once home I got all geared up and shoveled snow. Yea, I sure did. Unfortunately we had packed it down some on the driveway so it wasn't that easy to get up and I even fell on the ice once. I'm sure anyone watching had to have been laughing b/c our driveway is quite inclined and was basically a sheet of ice. I almost fell several times actually. About the time I finished shoveling my dad and Peg stopped by. They visited for a little while, checked out our new SUV and saw the doggies. We don't see them very often so it's always nice to see them. After they left I started on supper. I had started to make a turkey breast yesterday, but Eric wanted pizza, so I just finished cooking it and put it in the fridgerator. I got it out and heated it up, but it was tough and didn't look right, so I ended up tossing it and just making some buffalo chicken wraps. I also made some sloppy joe mix (thanks Kitten) for my lunches this week. It doesn't look the greatest, but it definitely tastes good. I will say I had my doubts making it. This is evening is going to be pretty lazy otherwise.

Oh and I forgot to mention that the other day when Jamie was over Godiva a manicure. I think she likes Jamie. I just hope she doesn't start expecting it. Hell I don't even get professional manicures!

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Oh my gosh, Godiva is hilarious! She looks so content! And I'm glad you put those pictures up. Some really nice ones of you girls, made me wish I was there!!