Tuesday, December 20, 2005

5 Things About Me

I've been tagged by B, so here goes...

1. When I was younger I had to take care of my brother and sisters while my mom was gone. I became the on-call babysitter. I hated it and resented my siblings! My sisters were holy terrors and would "run away" while I was babysitting them. When I say "run away" I mean they'd run to the field and hide. Anyway, many times I'd lock all the doors and go to my room and hang out b/c eventually they would decide I was not bothered about their leaving and would come home only to find out they couldn't get in.

2. I have a knack for killing bees, or so I thought. We had this bay window in my old house. They had drilled a hole in it to run the cable in for the TV for whatever reason. Anyway bees would sneak in that hole and I hated bees. So one day I noticed there were some bees in the window. I decided to torture them. I got some hairspray and a lighter and literally torched them. Unfortunately I melted the screen on the window, too.

3. I love fire when I was young and still do. My mom had a girlfriend over and they were in the living room gossiping and god knows what else. I was probably only 5 or so. Anyway, they weren't paying attention to me so I went off to do my own thing. Unfortunately (for mom) she had left a candle burning in the bathroom. I noticed this as I was sitting there plotting out my next adventure when I noticed the candle. I'm sure you have an idea what came next... I proceeded to pull of sheets of toilet paper, square by square, held them over the candle until they caught fire and then dropped them (quickly) into the trash can. So yes, I started a fire in my own bathroom. Luckily my mom decided to come look for me and was able to put it out before it did any real damage. Of course that didn't hinder my love for fire.

4. I hate feet with a passion. I can't stand to have them near me and especially them touching me. I don't mind it quite as much with socks on, but it still bothers me. I can allow mine to be rubbed if I know they are "clean", but I wouldn't dare touch anyone elses even if they have just been scrubbed with steel wool. I've had this feeling for as long as I can remember. My husband likes to torment me with it, but it literally makes me ill.

5. Eric & I live together in sin before we got married for a little over a year, I admit. However refused to live with him until I had a ring on my finger and a date was set for our wedding. I knew several people how became "comfortable" with just living together without the marriage committment and I wanted no part of that. It's funny now and I believe it was perfect for us.

I won't tag anyone b/c I know you are busy with all the holiday festivities, but if you get bored and need something to do, consider yourself tagged.

No comments: