Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005 - Year in Review

I've seen a some people do something similar to this so I thought I'd follow suit. Basically it's a bit about how my 2005 went. Needless to say I'm ready for January 1, 2006...

January - We had a Girls Weekend in OH. This was also my first time meeting Grace!!

February - I took a long weekend and went to FL to visit my grandparents. My brother got married.

March - I turned 26. I also let Peter cut and color my hair, which didn't turn out too bad. This was my first professional cut as my stepmom (who is licensed) normally does it.

April - Eric & I celebrated our 2 year anniversary. I went to OH for my friend Samara's baby shower. We had another Girls Weekend at my house.

May - We had a vacation with Eric's side of the family. I don't have those photos uploaded to Flickr though. :( I had my laparoscopy and they found some mild endo. My sister graduated from HS. Ava (my friend Samara's daughter) was born.

June - My first niece was born. My brother came home on leave. Went to the Dave*Matthew's concert. We also met some of our neighbors at a block party.

July - Another Girls Weekend in OH. Again first time meeting Ava. First family get together on my mom's side where everyone was present. Got a family pic! My brother has a fatal car accident.

August - Went to the Air & Water show in Chicago. Watched our 2 year infertileversary come and go.

September - Started therapy. My aunt got married to #5. Celebrated our anniversary of when we met 4 years ago. Celebrated Godiva's 1st birthday! Celebrated 2 years in our house. Found out one of my best friends has breast cancer.

October - Girls Weekend in October (sorry no pics yet). Decorated our house and gave out our usual full size candy bars at Halloween.

November - Went to flower shop open houses with my mom and grams, just like we used to a few years ago. My uncle John passed away. Ate too much at the numerous thanksgiving dinners we always have. Watched the Pacers from courtside for the first time ever. Had my first consulation with RE only to find out we need to pull $3G out of our arses.

December - Attended numerous christmas parties and again ate too much. Went to OH to help out my friend Jennifer during one of our chemo treatment weekends. Sliced my finger open with a paper cutter at work requiring 4 stitches. Spent Chrismas in Wisconsin with Eric's family. And today the last day of 2005 I got screwed (not in a good way) one more time before a new year begins...AF came...

So, can you see how 2005 was a horrible roller coaster. It started out great and then, after the climax around 4th of July, took a nasty nose-dive. I think I'm finally moving my stomach back down away from my throat and can breathe a little easier. Bring on 2006. Give me your best since it can't get any worse than 2005. As for 2005...Hit the road Jack, and don't you come 'round here no more, no more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite the year you've had. I'm so ready for 2005 to be gone too. Oh and I got my final kick-in-the-ass reminder of 2005 today too. Sucks, doesn't it?