Monday, December 05, 2005

Weekend

We had another good weekend. Friday wasn't the best of days what with starting and stuff. I didn't start until late in the afternoon, but it was enough to ruin my evening. I spent the evening on the couch. We grabbed dinner and that was about it.

Saturday morning we got up bright and early. We were at at the Christmas tree farm by 9 am picking out our tree. We walked for a while and finally found one that would suit us. It was a frasier fir. We cut it down, drug it up to the barn, got it bailed, paid for it and loaded it up. Once we got home we put it in the stand and started removing the netting. We realized that one side was terribly sparse and flat. Fortunately we just turned it towards the wall and laughed about it. We decorated it for a few hours and cleaned up. I just love the smell of pine! After that we headed to Moe's for lunch and Target to browse and to see my sister. We grabbed a few things and headed home to relax the rest of the evening.

Sunday morning was a lazy one. I laid on the couch and watched TV until 1 when the Colts' game started. I showered and started getting ready. We had a christmas party to go to for one of Eric's customers. We went to a local steakhouse and it was formal attire! Cocktails were at 5:30, so we left around 5:15. We got there and Eric got me a chocolate martini. (YUMMY!) I did spill a little bit of it though, however I was not the only one. Around 6:30 we headed to the table to sit down and order our meal. They had a select menu for our group, so I ended up getting a sirloin steak and baked potato. For some reason it came out nearly a piece of coal even though I ordered it medium. (GAG!) I picked at the sirloin and ate the baked potato. The waiter did come over to see how things were and I showed him my steak. A while later he came out with a take home box. Inside was a nice, juicy, yummy looking sirloin steak. We left there shortly after 9 and Eric dropped me off at home. I was tired and getting a headache. He went back to the bar for a while and chatted with everyone, while I drifted off to la-la land.

Overall it was not a too bad weekend. It wasn't great to start off with, but it ended lovely.

P.S.
I know I'm lacking in the picture department. I hope to get them up this week. I have Pacer's, Colts, & Christmas decorations all on my list. I just haven't got around to it yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love walking into my house during the holidays. It smells so yummy. Like pine, and cranberry. Bath and Body works has some really good smelling pine candles this year too.