Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Call my crazy, but I love my pond!!! We came home last night with 2 additions to my pond (at least my new pond). When Eric was cleaning the old pond out he found another baby fish that had been living in the top pond, which was neglected and fully of algae. I'm not sure how he made it, I guess it's a miracle. He was about 2 inches long and spotted. Not sure the mother and father, but hey! Another addition is a frog. We think it is from one of the tadpoles we got at the beginning of the Spring, so I'm kinda excited about that as well. I just hope he doesn't get scared and take off, but our new pond is just as nice if not nicer! I'm also excited b/c I think Eric has agreed to get some flatrock to put around it so it looks more "pond-like". I can't wait for everyone to see it. Although it's not finished yet, so really I can't wait until I get to see the finished product! ha ha I know you all think I'm crazy or maybe just a fish addict. I guess I could be addicted to worse things! No more fishies for me though. Having these 4 new additions has really made it crowded and the fact that they are growing so rapidly. I have 3 that are about a foot long or maybe a little longer. You'd think I was catching a whale when I caught them in the old pond to move them!

My favorite cousin-in-law is making this awesome DVD from our wedding video, which I am very excited about! No Pressure Chadd!

Eric's sister Amanda is getting married this weekend to her Erik. Should be a fun wedding. It is on a Friday, which I question, but whatever floats her boat! :) They are getting married at Starved Rock Lodge. Never been there, but it looks pretty nice. I'll post some pics next week. I guess the good thing about the Friday wedding is I get Friday off work. We are going up Thursday evening. What a month. I was off 3 days last week moving, 1 day this week for the wedding and 1 day next week for GWO. Speaking of... I'm VERY EXCITED about getting together with the girls and doing some shopping, eating, chatting, etc. I know we all need it!

BTW - as a side note my 15 year old sister is NOT, I repeat NOT pregnant!! Thank goodness! That really takes some weight off my shoulders. I think it opened her eyes up about responsibility and stuff, too. At least I hope!

No comments: