Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Well, I got a few minutes from the busy-ness at work and thought I'd blog a little.

Tonight is our last official tie to 913 S 18th Street. Yay! I will be glad to be done with that house. I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong. Eric did propose to me in that house! I guess we came a long way in that house and have some very fond memories. Oh, and the work of putting the pond in last summer and now the work of transferring it to the new house. What a chore. So far though, no fish fatalities. I'll keep you posted of those though. tee hee

Work has been busy these days. Definitely makes the day go by faster though. I don't mind it.

Living in a subdivision has already been quite the experience...
1) Both of our neighbors have come over to meet us and all that, which was very nice. The neighbors on the right side keep coming over though. They just knock on the door and when we answer we invite them in and it's like they just come over to be nosey b/c they don't even have anything important to say or whatever. Hmmm...

2) As you may know we got our pond dug last Saturday. We notified the neighbor on the left and she said it was fine if they got in her yard, etc. We let her know if there was any tearing up that we would get it fixed (grass, dirt). She was fine with it. It rained Friday night so the guy made a dirty mess in our yard and what we later found out was more hers than ours. Needless to say, we HAVE to get a whatever it is that shows all our property lines and stuff. Anyway, early afternoon she, of course, came over to visit and said several people in the neighborhood had called her to tell her we were messing up her yard. Needless to say she brought us a large bag of birdseed... We didn't and still don't know how to take that...

3) Our neighbors on the right came over again last night and saw our fish and visited for what seemed like forever since we had so much to do. I suppose it was only like 30-40 minutes. Don't get me wrong. I think both neighbors are nice and probably just trying to befriend us and get to know us as we are neighbors. Sometimes it's a little annoying though. Gotta get used to many neighbors.

4) Since we have SOOOOO MUCH trash we put it out on Sunday evening even though our trash doesn't come until Tuesday. We had to get it out of the garage. Anyway, this morning we got up and noticed that it had been gone through. Nothing major, but it had definitely been gone through. It gets better though. When Eric was getting ready this morning, he noticed this guy loading a few things in his truck and take off. When Eric went out there, several bags had been opened and gone through. He hadn't made a mess, just gone through it. People amaze me. We never had that in town, which would seem more prevalant than out in a neighborhood. Who knows?! I guess people think we are getting rid of good stuff or something. Makes me wonder if they are scoping our place out though or just dumpster divers... I guess the moral is "If your trash doesn't come til Tuesday, don't put it out until Tuesday morning!"

No comments: