Wednesday, February 22, 2006

B-I-G NEWS!!!

I haven't updated about our TTC adventures recently b/c we haven't really been trying very hard. We've decided to take a break and see what happens. In fact we also decided not to do any sort of treatments until 2008. We have some big things we want to do in the meantime and we don't feel like going into debt over fertility treatments is as close to the top as it was anymore. Don't get me wrong, we are definitely still trying, but just not every day around "the window", temping, anything. Just simply making love when the mood strikes us. Yes we still sorta "know" approximately when that said "window" is, b/c it's hard to re-train your brain not to know, but really just trying not to dwell on it.

So....on with the big news right? NO, I'm not pregnant...

I came across an article about a new fertility procedure they are trying in relation to IVF. A doctor near us is doing it and now they are doing clinical trials. You can guess where this is leading right? Eric called (b/c I was at work) to find out what the criteria is or how we could participate in the study. They gave him a link to go to and said if we met all the criteria then there was a number to call. I meet everything except the Day 3 testing. (and we just realized it's been over a year since his analysis). Ah, what the heck, I called anyway to see if that would totally rule me out. This was yesterday morning. I got voicemail, it figures....

Yesterday afternoon they call me back. She told me they are taking 15 patients for the study, plus a waiting list of 10. She would add me on the waiting list as #7. A long shot, yes, but not too long. We go next Tuesday to have a consulation with them. This would be free, however if they choose us to participate in the study then they will actually charge us for the consulation. Fair enough. They'll go over the criteria, the procedure, all kinds of stuff. Then I'll just have to sit and wait to see if my "Lucky Number 7" gets picked. Oh and I asked about the Day 3 testing and admitted that I had not met that criteria and she said it was not a big deal at all. They'd just require me to do it if they picked me and go from there. I assume this is true for the male analysis, too.

Even though our chances are slim I was super excited after I got off the phone yesterday. So much that I was actually shaking a little. Please, please, please let #7 be our lucky number!!!

Oh and after I know a little more about it (or when we are picked) I'll fill you in on what the actual study is... Doesn't feel right sharing it just yet. In fact, I know a few of your are local readers, so if you know the study I'm talking about (or figure it out for the non-locals) DO NOT comment about it here. Please feel free to e-mail me though. Big thanks! :D

1 comment:

cat said...

Go lucky no. 7!!! Good luck.