Thursday, February 09, 2006

Soft Water, In-laws, Steam Cleaning, Pinkness (aka Ramblings)

Last Friday some guys came and installed our new "water treatment system". Finally after 2 1/2 years we have soft water in our house. Our toilets are clean enough to.... let the dogs drink from. Hee hee I spent a little while Saturday night cleaning my bathtub, which to my dismay was much easier to clean than before. It's all probably just in my head though. Plus we cleaned the sinks out and Eric cleaned the toilets. Well, I helped by putting "the*works" in, so he didn't have much of a choice. I'm crazy, but I am really enjoying my new system. The reverse osmosis thing I'm not so sure about yet. It seems good, but it's going to be a few more days before I can give an adequate evaluation.

Tomorrow my in-laws are coming to town. Unfortunately they are forcasting snow and crap weather. It's going to be a little slow going. Anyway, I'm getting off work at 3 and soon after we are heading downtown for dinner and the Pacer*s game. Should be a lot of fun!

Oh and apparently my MIL heard me talking about a carpet cleaner over Christmas (I don't remember talking about it though). Anyway, a few weeks ago she called to say she found a great deal on one and bought it for us for our anniversary (in April). I am tickled pink! I have wanted one for several years, but we just didn't want to spend the money. (Weird, I know) Now I'm finally getting one and will spend the rest of the weekend steam cleaning my floors. (Assuming she brings it this weekend of course!) I hope to see some nice results. Our carpet isn't that bad, but we have light tan carpet and I'm sure they are dirtier than they look. Especially with 3 dogs!

I accidentally found out what I might be getting for V-day next week, too. Eric is trying to work out a deal now, but he hopes to have this cute little device in my hand soon, if all works out and hopefully for a very minimal amount.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo...a Razr....awesome!

You're going to love having softer water. We got our water softener last summer and it makes a huge difference in washing dishes and clothes! No more filament at the bottom of the water glasses!

Hope you have a fun weekend!