Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday Five

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a vet.

2. Did you follow through? If not, what happened?
No, I just decided that was not my path of life. I was so ready to get out of HS that I sat out for a bit. Then when I did go back to school I had to pay for it myself and thought the only way to go was a business school. By then it didn't even cross my mind to go to vet school.

3. Is your life turning out the way you thought it would when you were a kid? If not, is it better or worse?
In a lot of ways it's not how I thought, but in a lot of ways it is how I planned it. I knew I'd marry a wonderful man although I never planned on going through a few bad relationships to get there. My career isn't where I thought I'd be, but then again I'm sorta content with not having an extremely demanding career. I'm sorta mediocre in that area. I definitely thought I'd have kids and maybe even by done having kids by now. Turns out that was way off. I always knew I'd be ok financially and would live in a decent house that we owned. I lived in a trailer for a bit growing up and vowed to never go down that route again.

4. Paradoxes aside, if you could time-travel back to when you were 10 years old, what would you tell your 10-year-old self?
Definitely not to care what others think. I was so self conscious of myself and I was so shy and introverted. I never thought I was "good enough" for anything. Looking back I was a great kid. I'd tell myself it is absolutely what's on the inside that counts, not what you are wearing or how pretty you are. I'd also tell myself to be closer to my brother...

5. Do you think the child you were, would like the adult you've become?
Overall I think that yes, I, as a child, would be quite thrilled with how I've turned out as an adult. I hope to continue to do well in life and all things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are great questions!
Here's my answers in brief:
1. A bus driver (that was my answer when I was about 5)
2. No, but I should have - I'd be making more money and it would be a lot more fun :)
3. Yes, better but would be even better with one more child.
4. Think for yourself!
5. Yes, only becasue children tend to love me :)