Monday, February 06, 2006

Weekend Recap

My weekend was not great. Friday I found out my gramps was in the hospital. He had an infection around his heart and was in lot of pain. They took him by ambulance to a bigger hospital late Friday evening. After work we went to our local hospital to see Baby Harper and let J & K know about gramps. My cousins, D & C, came down and got to our house about 9 pm and we headed to the hospital. We visited with my gramps and even practiced what he would say when he gets a job at Home*Depot. He currently works in the shittiest factory around and it's seriously killing him. I think he realizes now that he needs to retire. We left the hospital around 1 am. Obviously we went straight to bed when we got home.

Around 9 am Saturday morning we got a call that gramps had had a minor heart attack and they were going to take him in to surgery later that day for do a heart catheterization. We headed to the local hospital so D & C could see Baby Harper, then headed to C'ville to visit my brother's grave since it was his birthday. We took a balloon and some roses there. It's so hard to believe he's gone. I miss him so much. An ironic thing happened though. When we were at Kroger getting the flowers and balloon, Eric stopped in the restroom. He came out with this weird look on his face and told us that above the urinal someone had written, "Krystal M--ion Slut" Her whole name was all wrote out though. This was my brother's estranged wife. Weird, huh? Anyway, I made Eric take pics, but it was on a metal plate and you couldn't make it out in the picture. Just freaked us all out. After visiting Matt's grave we headed back to our house. D & C left and headed to the hospital to see gramps. I took a long nap. When I woke up I decided to clean our bathtub and bathrooms. It had to be done and I knew I wouldn't have time on Sunday. They looks great now though. D called and said gramps was doing great since his surgery. He had 95% blockage, but they used the balloon and cleared the blockage. He was eating and using the restroom and the works. I felt so much better.

Sunday we got up early and headed to Indy to visit my gramps. He was doing great! We spent a couple of hours with him and then headed back home. We got groceries and spent the evening watching the Superbowl. I did go to bed around 9:45 as I was just exhausted from the weekend.

Today I go to the foot doc to find out about my sore foot. Hopefully it's something minor that can be fixed with either a prescription or some kind of foot pad. We'll see shortly though!

2 comments:

Kitten said...

I told the family Saturday night about seeing Krystal's name ni that Kroger bathroom. Grams thought it was hysterical.

I love the fact that someone was probably pissing at the same time as writing her name. Perfect.

Anonymous said...

Man, how crappy! I hope your gramps keeps getting better! And hope there's nothing serious with your foot and that all is better soon.