Thursday, August 05, 2004

Job Opportunities

Ok, so I've decided to start job searching now. I updated my resume here at work and for the time being and going to stay here on campus. I'm hoping to get an administrative job, which is more my cup of tea. Of course it'd be more pay and better benefits (vacation, sick, etc.), so we'll see what happens. I put in for 3 jobs and will hopefully be called for at least 1 interview of the three. We'll see. I know the person interviewing for 2 of the jobs and also another person in that area, who I think will put in a word for me. It was hard telling my current boss and dept. head. They totally understood though. The dept. head told me, he'd just bring my back down the road when they had an open admin job, to be prepard. That was nice of him. I know he will at least try to do it, too b/c he brought my boss back after a few years, too. I really like where I work now, but it's just not challenging and I know I have more potential. Fortunately my bosses know it, too. I can't thank them enough though b/c if it wasn't for them I wouldn't even by at the University anymore. I had quit my last job (on campus) before I found this job, so essentially they saved me from being jobless. So far I've applied for 2 jobs within Engineering, but in different departments and 1 job that is in a brand new program and building. Heck, they only have one person hired in that area and it's the head of the department. I think I have a better chance at the engineering jobs, but I'll take what I can get. Any of the three would be challenging and good jobs.

On a side note: As my daily update, yep, my bbs are still sore. Yay! This new "symptom" has sorta got my brain running though b/c as I said before this has never happened to me before...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah on all fronts! What happens if you and Eric both get new job offers?

Mrs. T said...

Well, obviously he is the bread winner, so I'd have to leave my job. I know this sounds bad getting a new job then leaving, but at the same time, my career can't wait on his. If RB doesn' call him back, then he probably won't look anymore til January b/c football season makes us lots of money!