Friday, August 27, 2004

There's nothing hypothetical about ovulation.

Eric asked me last night, "Hypothetically speaking, if you were to ovulate this month, when would it be?"

How can anything about ovulation be "Hypothetical" when you've been trying to get pregnant for over a year now? And on occassion (last week) it really depresses you!

So I told him (looking at our calendar on the wall) "I started my period on 8/16, 14 days from that is 8/30, then give or take ~4 days on either side." His thinking "we better get busy!" I guess he forgot that we weren't trying this month...

So, now I've got it in my head the approximation of when I will be ovulating. Ugh. I was trying to not think about it this month... I do have to laugh at myself though b/c I know even though "I'm not trying this month" I know he still is at least secretly, but then I guess it's not really a secret is it? ha ha ha ha

2 comments:

Kitten said...

I love that "hypothetically speaking"...I take it he doesn't want to wait a month!

Jennifer said...

If you are in the mood, there's no reason not to give it a shot right? As I've said before, you are so blessed that Eric is just as invested in this process as you are. Not that many men would think to proactively ask about ovulation. I can't wait to see how he acts when he's going to be a Dad.