Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Late Weekend Update

Saturday evening we headed to C'ville to go to a cookout for my brother. Several people showed up and several family members. It went really well. There was tons of good food, memories, and laughing. We really had a great time. We always talk about the good old days and what bad things we all did either to ourselves or each other. This time my cousin Jeremiah got picked on. It was great. I didn't get as much video as I could/should have, but I did get a little. He will be gone a total of 14 weeks; 8 weeks bootcamp and 6 weeks specialty training. He'll come home for 2 weeks after that (early December) then be shipped out to his station. I will definitely get more film then and make a movie. Shame on me, I know! Lindsay (youngest sister) came home w/ us and spent the night. Although she spent a lot of the time at our house on the phone w/ her boyfriend. (Oh the horror of them being w/out each other for 1/ONE NIGHT!)

We got up Sunday morning and headed to this place close to our house for breakfast. TERRIBLE. It did not sit well on any of our stomachs. Needless to say we won't be going back. We'll stick w/ our old fogey place w/ gay servers! After breakfast we went to the pet store and bought some stuff and checked out the animals then headed home. We just hung out around the house for a few hours then headed back to C'ville to take Lindsay home. After dropping her off we headed to my dad & Peg's to spend some time with them and have dinner. To our surprise, my grandparents who we don't see very often were there, so we got to see them! Yay! We visited with them for quite a while then headed home. I was really feeling bad, so we just laid on the couch and watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics.

I ended up staying home Monday from work b/c I still wasn't feeling great. I think it was mostly stress and nerves of my brother leaving. I know it is a great thing for him to do. I'm just a little concerned with his timing more than anything. I guess I always knew deep down that he would eventually join the army. He has always been intrigued by it (his uncle is also in) and I think it will do him some good overall. He seems like he is really ready to go and do whatever he has to. He seems happy about it. Maybe it will sink in more when he actually starts, but honestly, I still think he'll love it! That's just the kind of person he is. I'm happy for him whatever his desicion. Today he has opened a whole new door to his life.

No comments: