Monday, September 27, 2004

Weekend Update

Eric had a state-wide meeting on Friday and it ran late so my boss Darla ended up taking me home. It was nice though b/c I wanted her to see the house. She toured the house then left. Eric got home as she was leaving. We ended up going to Don Pablo's for dinner since it was our favorite manager's last day basically. We both stuffed ourselves and were miserable the rest of the evening. (Didn't get to BD either) :(

Saturday morning we got up and got some BD in before getting ready. Eric left around 9:00 to head out for his long day. Jimmy Bedford was in town signing bottles and greeting people. He is the master distillar for Jack Daniel's. I headed to C'ville to see my sister's softball game. She lost, but it was nice just seeing them. My mom and other sister where also there so I visited with them. After her game I headed back home. When I got almost home Eric called and said our dinner plans had changed, but we'd talk about it when I got home. He wasn't going to be home for a while so I decided to wonder around Hobby Lobby and Michael's for a bit. When I got home Eric explained that it was basically just going to be a quick dinner b/c time was so tight, so I decided to head back to C'ville to a cookout for my cousin who is back in town for a week. We had an absolute blast. Everyone was sad that Eric didn't come (me especially), but his duty calls sometimes. I felt guilty not going out with him, but he assured me it was okay. It was nice just sitting and chatting with family. We grazed the food all evening and laughed the rest of the time. Gotta love telling stories even if we've heard them a hundred times before. I left around 10 and headed home. It was a long drive and I was beat.

Sunday we got up and I had a sore throat. Yep, I was getting sick. I'm pretty sure it's just allergies b/c they are starting to harvest the corn now and I'm allergic to corn pollen. I know, fine thing to be allergic to living in Indiana. I laid around most of the day and by late afternoon I was feeling better so I did some scrapbooking. We ordered Pizza and watched the Colts football game (they won). I watched a little TV before we did a little dance then went to sleep.

I woke up this morning after not sleeping well last night and I was full of it. I have full blown allergy/sinus crap. I hate it. I decided to stay home from work. My boss called at 7 and apparently she came down with something over the weekend and was going to stay home, too, but after she found out I was sick, she went to work. I wonder if she'll call in tomorrow. Anyway, I am feeling better now. I made some homemade potato soup and have eaten two bowls despite not being able to taste much. I think it's good.

Tomorrow my family is supposed to be coming up to visit with me. We are going to grab dinner somewhere then visit at my house a little. That will be nice. Some of them haven't seen our house. It should be a good time though.

No comments: