Saturday, October 02, 2004

It's been a while....

...since I updated my blog again.

This week has been so crazy. I've been sick all week for one thing. I didn't seem to be getting any better. I think it's getting better now. I went home early from work on Thursday and had a nice long nap. During the afternoon I was surfing channels and ended up catching "A Baby Story". Now, I haven't watched this show for some time now. I used to watch it a lot, but then I got discouraged b/c everyone on there seemed like they didn't have any problems and got pregnant right away. This story was different. This lady tried for over a year and maybe longer before trying clomid and got pregnant right away. They got pregant with their second child (on clomid) soon after their first. Both pregnancies were good. They decided to have #3 and it didn't take too long, but learned she had miscarried at 18 weeks. They got pregnant 4 weeks later and made it past the 18 week mark and thought they were pretty much out of the woods. Well, she went to get an amnio and then 2 days later started having contractions. They found out that they were the 1 in however many that got an infection with an amnio and that baby died a short time later. Finally they got pregnant again, this time with twins. She thought it was god giving her two for the two she'd lost. Well, she ended up losing one, but the other was a healthy happy baby and she had no complications.

Ok, you probably didn't need all that detail, but sad as it is, it's nice to relate to other people who have had problems getting pregnant. I called Eric's insurance again, just to double check that they didn't cover anything. And nope, they still don't. So, as Eric says, "My hormones started raging". I got to thinking. I ended up buying Preseed on-line to try next month. As you can tell, I'm sorta convinced that this is not our month despite our BD-ing regularly. Of course I still have some hope, but no that my being sick probably really messed up my O-ing.

Since my friend Samara got pregnant and even though it didn't really work for her, I've been inspired to try to the Saliva Fertility Tests. So, yes, you guessed it! Last night as we did some grocery shopping, we picked one of those little things up. Of course I checked my saliva several times last night and didn't see any "ferns", which would indicate I'm in my fertile window. I thought maybe I just didn't know what I was looking for or something. Eric even looked several times. I woke up early (thanks to the doggies), so I decided to check my temp. It was 97.6. My first thought, was yay, that most likely means I haven't O'd yet. I went back to sleep when I got up, it just so happened I found another baby story. I thought, I better check my saliva again. I actually saw FERNS! I had Eric look to make sure I wasn't seeing things. So you know what happened shortly there after! :)

We decided not to go to the Feast of the Hunter's Moon today now. Eric has been busy putting up our Halloween stuff and I have been lazy. Purdue football starts at 1:30, so we'll spend the afternoon watching that. Tomorrow we will be driving to Champaign to meet his parents. We haven't seen them in a while, so it will be nice. We are having lunch then probably wondering around the mall and Sam's Club. That has become quite the tradition whether they come to our house or we go to theirs.

Hopefully we hear something from Jennifer tonight since they are getting a fetal foto done today. We'll keep our fingers crossed that they don't have to repaint their nursery!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear the saliva microscope worked for you! I used it off & on while we were trying. I noticed it worked best for me in the afternoon (after not eating or drinking for at least 2 hours.) It didn't work well first thing in the morning (the saliva always looked fuzzy, probably all the yucky stuff in my mouth!) I also happened to use the miscroscope during my 2 week wait & noticed I was ferning again which I read somewhere could be a sign of pregnancy (and it turned out I was!) Good luck! I'm praying for ya!