Monday, July 18, 2005

Your Questions Answered Here

Now that I've got to know a few of my readers better, I thought I'd answer your questions and talk about a few other tidbits from your comments...

I asked "What one question would you like me to answer? Here are your questions w/ the responses.

Jennifer asked: If you suddenly could keep only one of your dogs, which one could it be?

How could you ask this question?? I can't choose between my wonderful PITA dogs. ha ha ha It would probably depend on what day you asked me. I love Krissy, however she is 10 years old, so I know her time is limited. She is the most well behaved and smart dog ever. I love Kodi, however she's 7. She was my baby before Godiva though and I'm the only mom she's known. Godiva, well, I think you all know where I stand with her. She's 10 months old and still a puppy, thus her constant barking, biting, jumping, whining, etc., etc., etc. ha ha ha I didn't answer your question, eh?

Katie asked: What's your favorite hobby?

I'd have to say being outside doing anything. I love landscaping and gardening and weeding and replanting and all that. Just love it! And its a stress reliever for me, too. Added bonus.

Valerie/Owensmama asked: What book are you currently reading?

I started "I Don't Know How She Does It" by Allison Pearson, but haven't got but a few pages in b/c we've been so busy. I hope to pick it back up this week.

Lisa asked: How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Not enough! Although my hubby will probably disagree with me! ha ha ha I've actually tried to be more feminine in my shoes recently, so I've got rid of several pair. Of course that means I have to buy new ones to replace them. I'm still working on the replacements and then some.

CiNdy asked: What do you do to take care of you during all this?

Well, that's a good question. We've been going to the gym and eating better since January. In fact, I've lost 15 pounds. I know I haven't taken the best care of myself emotionally through this. I have my moments I suppose and am getting better about expressing my feelings a little at a time.

Dooneybug asked: How many kids do you want?

Good question. At this very moment, hell, I'd live with just one if I could just get pregnant and give birth once! Idealistically, I would like 2 kids for sure and possibly 3. However the 3 is questionable b/c having 3 dogs didn't turn out to be the greatest idea. You have that lonely middle child/dog and feels left out all the time. We'll see what happens I guess.

Tomika asked: What role do you think God has in your ability to conceive a child?

Another good question. In fact I have this conversation and someone (even if its just my ceiling) a lot. I haven't come up with a definite answer yet really. Sometimes I think it's in my/our plan. Sometimes I think someone is trying to teach my patience. I think Eric agrees with this one. :) Sorry, I don't have a better answer, but I still haven't figured it out myself yet.

Random Bits About you
What do we have in common? Mostly Infertility/TTC issues

Looks like my good friend Jennifer led several of you to me, too. Thanks Jennifer!

You want to hear more about my family? Wow! Ugh! They are so emotionally draining sometimes. I know I will have more coming soon. At least now I know I don't bore you all with those posts! They are somewhat of an outlet for me.

CiNdy was right on when she said I hold back on talking about my dealing w/ IF. I'll try to talk more about it, but it's difficult for me. I've always been very independent and strong (at least on the outside). I hold everything in and put myself on the bottom of my priority list. I know this drives me hubby nuts, too, but he has little room to talk b/c he doesn't talk about his feelings much either. Which leads me to the next tidbit...

Dooneybug wanted more about my hubby and how he's dealing with it. Again, he doesn't really talk about it much. He is optimistic and thinks it will happen. He has a little more patience than me and it doesn't seem to wear on him like it does me. Or at least that's how he lets on. Who knows!? I know it bothers him, but I think his focus is more on me and my emotional bags than himself.

Finally, location of my Readers:
OH - 1
NY - 1
CA - 1
GA - 1
TX - 2
MN - 1

Many thanks to all of you for answering my questions and letting me get to know you a little. That was fun!

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

Thanks! Sounds like my hubby responded to infertility a lot like yours. One thing that helped me get a better idea of his feelings was by asking him to "think out loud" for me about our current situation. Someone suggested this to me and I was amazed at how much more I got from him after that. It's like he understood those words but didn't understand, "how do you feel about...blah blah blah". Anyway, I wanted to clarify something. I asked you to not hold back so much but that isn't for me or any of your other readers - it's for you. Even if you don't do it here, keep a written journal where you can be brutually honest about your feelings. It's one thing you can do to "take care of you" during all of this. Okay, sorry, I promise I am done with all the unsolicited advice. Thanks for posting.

VJ said...

You have at least one more reader from California...

1. What do we have in common? We both want you to get pregnant. I have one child. Having him has been the most amazing/best thing in my life. I truly wish everyone who wants a child can be blessed with one. So, I am cheering you on and can't wait for the post stating you're pregnant. =)

2. What DON’T we have in common? I don't have any dogs just one large cat.

3. How did you find my blog? If Another Blogger, who? I stumbled upon Jennifer's blog and found yours.

4. What do you enjoy about this blog, if anything? Everything, especially how often you update. Also, I love your diet blog. You have been an inspiration for me to exercise and eat healthy. Thank you!

5. Do you comment? This is the first time but I'm going to try to comment more often now.

6. What do you wish I’d shut up about? Nothing.

7. What do you wish I’d talk more about? I too (like everyone else) like to hear about your family and the different relationships.

8. Where are you from? California

9. What one question would you like me to answer? How did you and your husband meet?

10. Do you have a blog? Where is it then? http://jacoby03.blogspot.com