Monday, April 05, 2004

Exhausting Weekend Re-cap

Friday
My grandparents came over and had pizza and just hung out with us. My grandpa and Eric put in our new digital thermostat and fixed our bedroom ceiling fan which we could not get balanced. Then we played our little game of "7-up, 7-down" and they won their dollar back from the other weekend.

Saturday
Let me start by saying it was very long and very exhausting, but VERY productive. The fish pond is done and I'll try to post a pic later. We made 4 trips to Wal-mart for about 75 - 40# bags of topsoil and 70 or so red/black retaining wall bricks. Plus the numerous rocks we moved from the old pond... The fish pond looks great and so far I haven't lost any fish. We also found Froggie that we've had since he was a tadpole. That was a little sentimental. He was all sprawled out sunning himself in the pond on Sunday, I'm sure happy to have a nice home. The fish are much happier, too. The pond has already cleared up some by this morning. Now I just need to start feeding them. We ran a few errands that evening, got a couple of movies and layed around most of the evening.


We both woke up sore from the manual labor the day before. Me probably worse than he. We layed around for a while in the morning. Around lunchtime we headed to Aquarium world to get a new filter and some new baskets for my plants. Then headed to the grocery store. After we put up the groceries Eric worked on the pond filter while I worked on repotting my pond plants. Then spent the rest of the evening recooperating from the exhaustion.

No comments: