Friday, April 02, 2004

Friday Five

1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life?

Way too many! Let's see what I can remember... 3 Houses in C'ville, 2 in Ladoga, 1 in Lafayette, 1 in West Lafayette

At least that's what I remember...

2. Which was your favorite and why?

Childhood
I'd have to say the house in Ladoga by the pond. There was so much to do out there...Ride 3-wheelers, investigate the woods, play in the creek, play pool, etc. The house was enormous, so we all had our own room and mine had a door to an attic to it. I probably had one of the biggest rooms. It was just an absolute blast!

Adult
Definitely the house we live in right now. I know it's a stepping stone house, but its the first house that is actually ours and we are taking great pride in doing things inside and out.

3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why?

Definitely stressful especially with my husband....

4. What's more important, location or price?

Definitely location. I want to be in a good area with good schools and friendly neighbors, close to town, yet not in town. I'd prefer a little more privacy than we have now, but I don't mind it either. Also there has to be things to do!

5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)?

Definitely a big house, 6+ bedrooms, 3+ Bathrooms, Huge Kitchen w/ lots of storage, breakfast area and formal dining room, sunroom, a Den/Library where the office could also be possibly upstairs and open to the downstairs, LOTS of windows throughout the house including bay windows and skylights, Large FULL/FINISHED basement for "rec room", I laundry shoot, 3+ car garage, yard, yard and more yard of course fenced in with vinyl so we don't have to paint it and the doggies can enjoy it. Nice big patio on the back to accomodate the cook-outs, Pool w/ deck around it and spa directly off back porch in an enclosed area, sorta like Heather's, might as well make the pool enclosed, too with a waterfall. In-wall surround sound and speakers throughout the entire house and outside. Several acres of woods at the end of our big yard (for mushroom hunting) and all the other stuff you do in a woods, maybe a cabin so when the kids have sleepovers or when the adults need to "get away". A small guest house. A huge pond near the woods so I can accomodate my fish. Oh and a cat. Possibly a small greenhouse, which I will run from home.

Maybe I should start designing this house.... I guess I'd need to quit my job or hire a housekeeper, too...

No comments: