Monday, May 24, 2004

Extended Weekend Update (long)

As you know I got off early on Thursday for Purdue's Employee Appreciation Spring Fling. I met Eric at home, then we went to Mt. Fuji for lunch. We ran a few errands then stopped at Blockbuster and got some movies. I took a nap when we got home and we spent Thursday evening watching a movie.

We got up early Friday morning to head to Indianapolis. Eric had a quick meeting that turned into a long one, so I read my book while waiting for him in the car. We then went to Costco, which is like Sam's Club, didn't spend much time in there b/c they were cycling BO through their ventilation system and it was yucky. We had lunch (mexican) then headed to the Fashion Mall to shop for clothes for weddings this summer. I HATE SHOPPING!
1) Shopping makes you feel very FAT
2) Whenever I did find something I liked it was WAY to expensive. I refuse to pay $275 for a skirt that I probably could have made for $20...
Needless to say I didn't find a single item at this mall.

On to Round 2 Castleton Square Mall
Eric was getting pretty burnt out on shopping by this point, so he sent me in to Von Maur and made some lady cater to me (sorta). I found a nice summer dress to wear to both weddings and it fit me really good. I also got a pair of pants and two shirts. Yay! That is done. Now we just have to find something for Eric, but that shouldn't be too difficult. He already knows what he wants.

We also went to Tire Barn on Friday morning and ordered tires that were supposed to be in between 3-4 on Friday. So after our shopping, we headed back to Tire Barn, where they told us that they probably wouldn't be in until 5-6. We decided it wasn't worth the wait so we headed home.

Saturday Eric got up and filled his pool up. It's about the size of a very large whirlpool. I can probably fit 4 adults in it sitting down. We got it cheap at Target and I'm sure it will be nice when it gots hot out. I got a nice sunburn and we did some landscaping. I'm starting to get it to where I want it.

Sunday, yesterday, we went down to Dad & Peg's for a little bit and gave them the scrubs we pulled out of our landscape. They had an open-house to go to so we didn't stay long. On our way back through town (after stopping at Dari-licious) we saw Nanny & Papaw so we followed them back to their house and stopped and talked to them. When we got home I planted the few plants I got from Peg's house then relaxed for the rest of the evening.

I also finished a book that I borrowed from Mistress, "It's my F---ing Birthday" It was okay, but a lot like Bridgett Jones Diary in that it was mostly just a diary and not an actual story type book. I guess I like those better... Now, I'm starting the "Left Behind" Series #1.

No comments: