Monday, May 03, 2004

Long, bad weekend update

Saturday
Well, well, well... I got up that morning and got ready to head to my parents. On the way there I thought I'd be nice and call Kisha to see if she wanted me to pick her up to go to her shower b/c she didn't know how to get to the place. She said fine. I'd pick her up later. I got to Dad & Peg's and hung out with them for a while. She made spaghetti w/ meat sauce for lunch which was delicious. After lunch Peg and I were talking and she said she wished Kisha & I could have a relationship. I told her that honestly I do, too, but I can only tolerate her for a short time b/c she always has to compete and tell stories. Peg understood or said she did. I just can't stand this competition. Ugh. Anway, I was trying to be the good person and though yeah, maybe I can make that step. Ended up being a HUGE mistake. I picked her up and we headed to my aunt's for her shower. It was fine. Kisha was actually tolerable for a while. At the shower someone (our cousin) won the gift prize of the game we were playing AND KEPT IT. I had to laugh under my breathe b/c of the huge deal she made at my shower. Anway on the way home she informed me that my cousin Nicole, who is miss hoytie toytie herself told her mom (my aunt) that she would go kicking and screaming to my wedding and if Chery made her go she would stand up and object. She hasn't even been around Eric, but a few times and we supplied quite a few bottles of alcohol for her graduation party, which she didn't OBJECT to. Then Kisha informed me that she herself was going to stand up an object, but Peg threatened her, so she didn't. This coming from the person who was SO DEVASTED that she wasn't in my wedding, but objected to the whole thing... I'm furious and haven't decided what I'm going to do totally, but I am planning on talking to Peg about it. Eric isn't very happy either. Any suggestions???

Sunday
We went to see my uncle John in the hospital. He had a stroke on Tuesday. He seems to be doing much better now. He was cracking jokes so that is a good sign. After that we headed to TJ Maxx and the mall. Eric got a new pair of shoes and we found another picture by the same person as the one we already had in our living room. When we got home I sprayed some roundup in various areas while Eric trimmed. He was going to mow, but it was still a little wet out, so he's doing that tonight. Oh, our neighbors mowed their yard, so now Eric knows where to mow tonight. We also saw their son out picking up a pile or two of dog doo, so I'm sure we'll hear about that. I'm spending today calling places to get estimates on getting a fence put in...

That about sums up my weekend. Not the best in the world.... I guess it could have been worse though. I could have decked Kisha...

No comments: