Monday, November 22, 2004

And the Holiday Blahs Begin.../Weekend Update

Friday was not a good day at all. In fact I won't go into any details, but we thought Eric might lose his job. Needless to say he made 2 trips to Indy and I have about 3 more fever blisters. He still has his job for now, but he is working on a new job/career. Let's just say Eric overheard something he shouldn't have (by accident) and wasn't thinking and told some others not realizing how big of deal it was. Those "other people" supposedly got really mad and threatened to quit, but haven't so far. Eric was told that if one person quits that they will fire him. We aren't sure if he is blowing smoke up Eric's ass or if they will hold true. All the people Eric work with are sick of the shit and have been looking for quite some time, too. Who knows, we'll see what happens. Anyway, after Eric picked me up from work we ran a few errands and had dinner at Bruno's (pizza). We headed home and hooked up the TiVo Eric won as an incentive. Eric had a promo that night so I went to bed and he went to the bar.

Saturday morning the alarm went off nice and early for Breakfast club. I spent a few more hours in bed, but didn't really get totally back to sleep. When I got up I cleaned the house, made a few phone calls, and started making pumpkin rolls. The dogs were being pretty good and it was a pretty nice morning. When Eric got home I showered and my Nanny & Papaw arrived around 2:30 to help Eric put up the ceiling fan/light up in the living room (the motor blew in our other one). He started on it before they got there while I was putting the filling in the pumpkin rolls. When they arrived it wasn't too much of a chore to finish the installation. After they got done, Eric took a shower, Papaw took a nap and Nanny & I sat and chatted in the kitchen. I had been marinating some chicken, but everyone decided that we'd just go out for dinner, so that we did. The PU/IU game had finished, but we knew traffic would be bad so we headed to Battleground to TC's. We almost didn't get a table b/c they were all reserved, but they gave us one. Dinner was yummy and cheap as usual and we headed home. Nanny & Papaw left when we got back and Eric & I had a lazy evening. I wasn't feel great and ended up falling asleep on the couch until late.

Sunday morning Godiva got up before 5 and Eric decided she was too wound up to go back in her cage so he let me sleep and took her to the living room. I got up around 8 and honestly was dreading the dinner we had to go to that evening so I spent the day being lazy. This bothered Eric some, but at the same time I've been so stressed out and really am starting to get somewhat depressed so I think he understood later what my problem was. He did some laundry and worked on putting some of the lights up outside. (Thanks honey!) It was just not a good day or me at all.

And so about the first holiday dinner...
We had a dinner Sunday evening w/ my stepmom's side. This usually goes ok, but I was really dreading it this year. I guess the biggest thing was being around pregnant sister K and all her glory. Yes, she's like 10 weeks pregnant and already in maternity clothes. Let me just say that she was not a small girl before so it is not the baby that is causing the need for maternity clothes... She spent most of the evening holding her "belly", which I'm sure was just so everyone had the constant reminder that "she was pregnant". This girl needs lots of attention and cannot stand it when anyone else gets it. For the most part Eric & I sat back and didn't say much and just observed. I guess I'm just not feeling close to the family every since we moved to Lafayette. Maybe that's what moving away does or maybe not. My grandparents have always been very good to me, but we just don't see them much and I'm sure it goes both ways, but whatever. I'm also sure its a case of the holiday blahs, too. I'm starting to feel depressed and as I said before, all of my emotions are intensified 300 times or something. Anyway we pretty much just ate and left for the most part. We had a nice talk on the way home though, so I think Eric understands more. After we got home we put some of the Christmas decorations up around the inside of the house and I went to bed around 9:30-ish.

Holidays are just not the best time for me.

We have a big weekend planned (sorta). Wednesday I get off work at 12:00 noon so essentially I only have 2 more days (Mon & Tues) of my old job. That will be some stress off my shoulders that's for sure. I hope to run down to C'ville maybe Wednesday or Friday to get my roots re-done. We will probably finish putting up the lights either Wednesday or Thursday depending on the weather. Call me crazy, but I'm ready for some snow! Friday we are supposed to go to my mom's side for a dinner, but we are pretty sure we are skipping it this year. I want to go, but at the same time we can only leave the puppy for about 4 hours and with driving an hour, visiting for 2 and driving back an hour I just don't feel up to it this year. I will probably spend Thursday and Friday cleaning and getting ready for Saturday when we have my dad's side and Eric's side at our house. I'm excited about all the cooking I get to do. I love cooking for things like this, just not the everyday stuff (ha ha) We already have the turkey and potatoes. I really don't have to make any other sides as I've divied them out to the guests. Sunday my mom, possibly new boyfriend, and sisters are coming up and we are having a small dinner w/ them. Again I won't have to do much since there will only be 5-6 people total and mom is bringing the turkey. I'll probably do mashed potatoes and a couple sides.

Good thing we've taken a break from trying. My lip is all messed up from the fever blisters I've had from stress, my emotions are on a roller coaster, and I've probably got an ulcer or something.

Ugh, the holiday season begins... I wish I could be more happy about it...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sorry your feeling blue. I'll keep you in mind. Holidays are so stressful! Just remember what's really important and be glad your hubby is supportive.