Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Teenager

I felt like a teenager last night. I spent most of the evening on the phone. It was a good evening though.

First I had a voicemail to call my mom. She said it was important, but it wasn't like paniced or anything so that was good. I called her back and ended up just leaving her a voicemail. She called a little while later and told me that she got a letter from the army (I think) that told her a link to go to and she could possibly see pics of Matt and those in his company. We checked out this link, but goodness is it every hard to pick up anyone with everyone having shaved heads. They all look the same. I'm going to try to go through the pics today in and maybe with the help of Kitten (hint) we can find my brother.

After that I got a call from Peg (my stepmom/K's mom). She has been nervous about calling me all week and frankly I hadn't called her either, but she finally broke and called me. It was a good conversation. She told me that she understood I probably had some hard feelings and was hurt and all that. She even said that K was scared to tell me, too, which is probably true. I told her I was pissed at first, but felt much better after I found out that she conceived on their own, which was a miracle. I am happy for them even though it does hurt deep down. Of course she gave me all the shit about relax, stop trying, etc, etc, etc. K went to the doctor yesterday and basically they told her to go to the Women's Clinic here, which she had already planned on. It's only about a 30-45 min. drive so that's not too bad. They told her that she is very high risk and that she was definitely not out of the woods yet. She's 7 weeks and her due date is June 23. Not sure when she is going back since she's finding a doctor up here. We talked about some other stuff then and that was about it.

I then called my mom back and talked to her for a LONG time. It was a great talk! I felt so much better after I talked to her. I started telling her about Kisha, but couldn't tell her everything b/c she does not know we are even trying. I ended up telling her and threatening her NOT to tell anyone. I imagine she might tell at least my grandma, but I doubt anyone else. I told her we had been trying for quite some time now and told her since she knew now, she can stop asking us, that we will tell her when we get pregnant. We had quite a few laughs and talked about all kinds of stuff and I was so happy when I got off the phone with her. I'm a bit sad b/c my brother gets his 36 hour pass this weekend and I imagine he will try to call me. I told mom to tell him to call my cell phone but explain to him where I'm at and what I'm doing so he wouldn't get discouraged if he tried calling me.

Finally I talked to my Nanny until bedtime. We talked about the election and K's news, too. Nothing too exciting.

Side note: I thought I was going to the shower this weekend with black eyes and a broken nose. I was playing around with Kodi (our dog) and we collided noses and I heard a "pop". I thought for sure I'd broken it. Eric swears that my nose is crooked, but it already was a little b/c I was in a car accident when I was younger. Anyway, I was bawling and my nose is still sore today, but no black eyes, so that's good! Only 2 more days til J's shower!

No comments: