Monday, November 15, 2004

Weekend

The weekend was pretty good overall. Friday night Eric had a promotion and I ended up going to bed early as I had a headache (lack of sleep I'm sure). The dog woke us up at 4:45 and we tried sleeping til 6 with not much luck. Eric had to get up a 6 b/c he had breakfast club so I got up, too. Godiva was wired so I really couldn't go back to sleep. I lounged on the couch for a bit and finally got up and took a shower aroun 9. It took me longer to get ready of course b/c of the doggie. Jamie, Sherrie, & Tom were at our house shortly after 10:30 to pick me up. We left by 11 and headed to Merrillville for some major shopping. We stopped at Hooters first for lunch and then headed to the mall. We had a blast and Tom & Sherrie got a lot of christmas shopping done. We were beat by the end of the day and headed back home. Jamie stayed the night at my house. I went to bed about 10 and she and Eric stayed up and watched a show til about 11. We ended up just putting Godiva in bed with us in the wee hours of the morning and it was so-so sleeping with her. She licked Eric's head a bunch and chewed on my hair a bit. We did sleep in a bit more (8). When we got up Eric went and got us breakfast at BK and we just hung out for a bit. We left around 10:30. On our way out Matt called so Jamie was excited, too b/c I put him on speaker phone and we both got to talk to him. He was on his 36 hour pass and they stayed at a hotel the night before. He was pretty excited b/c he got to sign his ranger papers on Friday. I think its more b/c he actually feels like he has a "Place" now. Our first stop was PetSmart b/c Godiva broke her nice ceramic bowl. We also got her some puppy shampoo and some more food and a few other things. On the way to take Jamie home we had a really good talk. I'd never really had an "in-depth" conversation with her so it was very interesting. I'm not going to write much about it here, but I'd be glad to tell you what I learned in e-mail or something. Anyway, I took her home then made a quick stop at my dad & Peg's to say hi. Then headed back home. When I got home I cleaned the house, talked on the phone some, made my list of stuff for T-day since one of them is at our house this year, and then made dinner. Oh, we also gave Godiva a bath. She surprising was really good and didn't mind it at all. Of course after she got and we tried drying her off she got wired again and ran everywhere. She spent most of the evening napping on the couch then. We went to bed shortly after 9 and had another bad night w/ the pooch. Not sure what we are going to do with her yet. She just does not like being in her cage at night when we and the other dogs are right there. Godiva is really taking a toll on our sleeping right now. I hope that lets up soon.

No comments: